Penske is a leader in the transportation industry. The Operational Accounting team is seeking an ambitious Senior Accountant to provide fresh thinking and "best in class" support to the team. We are looking for an associate who is customer-focused, driven and has strong organizational skills. This position will have the opportunity to work with internal customers daily and will have responsibility for daily processes, journal entry preparation, variance analysis and management reporting. The role will also provide controllership and oversight in several vehicle accounting related processes.
Work Schedule: Partial Remote (3 days onsite/2 days remote)
• Prepare daily and monthly journal entries
• Provide monthly reporting packages for internal customers
• Provide support for monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
• Work with other corporate departments to research and resolve identified variances as needed
• Develop and drive process improvement
• Reconcile, analyze, and review general ledger accounts in preparation for month end close
• Provide support for special projects, ad-hoc requests and other duties as assigned
• Be a liaison with the business to evaluate, administer, account and report out by applying Penske's accounting policies and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Establish rapport and build cooperative working relationships with relevant internal and external parties
• At least 3 years experience in the field of accounting required
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting
• MBA Preferred
• Intermediate proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint required. Microsoft Access experience is a plus
• Experience with AS400 and Onestream preferred
• Experience in understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial statements preferred
• Strong communication skills required
• Strong time management skills required
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Job Category: Finance/Accounting
Job Family: Finance
Address: 100 Gundy Drive
Primary Location: US-PA-Reading
Employer: Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
Req ID: 2315543