Accountant - Mid Level
Penske is a leader in the transportation industry. We help move lives and businesses forward. The Operational Accounting team is seeking an ambitious Mid Accountant to provide “best in class” support to the team. We are looking for an associate who is customer-focused, driven and has strong organizational skills. This position will have the opportunity to work with a global team and internal customers daily. This role will also provide controllership and oversight in several vehicle accounting related processes.
Work Location: 2675 Morgantown Road Reading, PA 19607
Work Schedule: Partial Remote (3 days onsite/2 days remote)
- Support the vehicle accounting related processes in review and analysis.
- Provide measures, which increase overall efficiency and effectiveness of the process.
- Research and resolution of escalations from management, global team, or internal customers.
- Prepare daily and monthly journal entries as well as prepare account reconciliations and provide resolution to open items.
- Identify process improvement opportunities.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- 1+ years’ experience required
- Accounting/Finance degree or equivalent experience required
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint required
- Experience with AS400 and/or OneStream XF preferred
- Experience in understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial statements preferred
- Strong communication and organizational skills required
- Analytical skills required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
Job Category: Finance/Accounting
Job Family: Finance
Address: 100 Gundy Drive
Primary Location: US-PA-Reading
Employer: Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
Req ID: 2325248