Accountant - Hybrid 2024
Begin your career at UnitedHealth Group and you’ll get an opportunity to do something extraordinary with your first job out of school: make a real difference. We have modest goals: Help 75 million people live healthier lives. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations attract a certain type of person. Talented. Brilliant. Compassionate. Driven. You’ll find these people everywhere you turn here. You’ll also find a world of career options fueled by your performance and limited only by imagination. Start here.
When it comes to challenges that can dramatically shape your career, smart people, like you, are discovering an Early Careers full-time finance opportunity in accounting with us. Here’s why. A career with UnitedHealth Group in the Finance and Accounting area will have you working side by side with some of the most dynamic, intelligent and results driven people on earth. This is work that matters far beyond the balance sheet. We’re helping to improve people’s lives by helping the entire health care system manage resources in new and better ways. Health care is changing. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else. You want to grow. We want to support you and, along the way, help you acquire the skills that lead to your life’s best work.(sm)
**Housing and relocation assistance are not available for this position**
**This full-time position will be available starting January 2024 or June 2024**
**UnitedHealth Group is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position**
Opportunities are available in the following areas depending on interest and abilities:
- Controllership Accounting (Month end close)
- Financial Analysis (Variance explanations)
- Regulatory Accounting (Statutory)
- Maintain general ledger accounts and related activities for the production of financial statements and reports
- Reconcile, analyze and review general ledger accounts in preparation for month end close
- Prepare journal entries and reviews accounting classifications, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Prepare documentation in support of external and internal audits
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis and investigate issues providing explanations and interpretation
- Analyze and prepare financial statements, including balance sheets and statements of financial position
- Assist with the monthly quarterly end close process for assigned businesses or groups
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Currently in final year of obtaining a bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting from an accredited college/university, or recently graduated within 2 years of obtaining a bachelor's degree
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered
- 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA. Coursework to obtain degree must be completed prior to start of employment. Degree must be awarded and verified within 6-8 weeks following the commencement date at your school
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel (pivot tables, vlookup, formulas, etc.)
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and leadership potential
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated presentation skills
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.