UHC Accountant Hybrid - Minnetonka, MN
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. When it comes to challenges that can dramatically shape your career, smart people, like you, are discovering an Early Careers full-time finance opportunity in accounting with us. Here’s why. A career with UnitedHealth Group in the Finance and Accounting area will have you working side by side with some of the most dynamic, intelligent and results driven people on earth The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Together, we are removing the barriers that keep people from receiving the kind of quality health care that makes a difference. We focus on Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance as we empower people to achieve better health and well-being.
**Housing and relocation assistance are not available for this position**
*Full-time positions available now along with flexible part-time opportunities available until graduation*
As an Accountant within our Regulatory Finance – Accounting and Reporting division, your role will include the following activities:
Financial Reporting and Accounting
- Prepare financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, changes in capital and surplus, statements of cash flow, and supplemental financial exhibits pursuant to Statutory Accounting Principles, which is based on Generally Accepted Accounting Principles; and
- Prepare the annual audited financial statements and documentation in support of external and internal audits; and
- Prepare supplements to statutory filings, and other state supplemental filings.
- Prepare and analyze business and financial metrics, on a forecasted and reported basis, for assigned legal entities throughout the year by working closely with the internal stakeholders
- Prepare and analyze premium deficiency reserve evaluation models; work directly with actuary, legal entity management and other stakeholders to determine appropriate assumptions and results.
Additional responsibilities for this position include, but not limited to:
- Participate on a project team to develop and communicate innovative approaches for continued improvement in efficiency and effectiveness;
- Respond to regulator inquiries and support Department of Insurance examinations.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate resiliency and resourcefulness, willingness to develop oneself through on the job learning and experiences, and a drive to achieve results. As a team member of this division, you will work as a team to complete the work and you will have the opportunity to learn from a variety of leadership styles versus a traditional individual contributor role.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting
- 0-2 years of experience with accounting
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate in an effective manner
- Ability to Collaborate with peers to share best practices and complete projects
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and organize workload to meet multiple hard deadlines
- Demonstrate the drive and motivation to deliver high quality results based on thorough analysis
- Possess sound business knowledge and strong decision-making skills
- Demonstrate solid analytical and problem-solving skills
Come grow and thrive in our culture of innovation and ideas. Because there is no opportunity greater than the quest to help people live healthier lives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.