Opportunities with Genoa Healthcare. A career with Genoa Healthcare means you're part of a collaborative effort to serve behavioral health and addiction treatment communities. We do more than just provide medicine: we change lives for the better. People with serious mental or chronic illness - and those who care for them - have moving stories, and at Genoa we become their voice, their partner. Working as part of a coordinated care team, we partner with community-based providers and others to ensure that people with complex health conditions get the right medications and are able to follow their treatment plans. Our personalized services - in-clinic pharmacies, medication management and more - are leading the way to a new level of care.
Genoa is a pharmacy care services company that is part of Optum and UnitedHealth Group’s family of businesses. We are part of a leading information and technology-enabled health services business dedicated to making the health system work better for everyone. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
We are seeking a Senior Accountant to join our Accounting Systems Team to support dual ledger accounting systems integration, new site implementations and other operational initiatives.
Under the general supervision of the Accounting Systems Manager, the Senior Accountant is responsible for ensuring that all accounting requirements for master data, including new site additions are completed both timely and accurately. The ideal candidate is proficient in Microsoft Excel, focused on teamwork and a self-starter. Good communications skills are essential, as the position has cross-functional interaction with a variety of roles across the Company.
- Works in support of the general management and business operation of our Accounting Systems and Master Data Management
- Act as a system administration and subject matter expert for any issues relating to Blackline as well as ensuring timely and accurate processing of all Blackline requests from users
- Perform ongoing application maintenance, upgrade, development, testing and implementation of application enhancements
- Look for process improvement opportunities and identify efficiencies in processes and internal controls related to the accounting processes
- Look to advance the footprint of Blackline technologies or other technologies as opportunities arise
- Support ongoing controls process for requesting GL strings and mapping changes (Great Plains to/from PeopleSoft)
- Support reconciling dual ledger systems and supporting data transfer between systems
- Collaborate internally to build reports in various Accounting Systems
- Collaborate across departments and companies for process improvements
- Support Accounting Systems Administration including user access set up and removal
- Participate in the definition of project roles to drive the gathering of detailed business, functional and non-functional requirements
- Provide analysis and research for a variety of tasks and projects while exercising discretion and independent judgement
- Key contributor to system integration initiatives
- Key contributor to Blackline and Great Plains system enhancements
- Other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance
- 2+ years of Accounting experience in a Senior Accountant or equivalent role
- Intermediate Excel skills, including deep understanding of advanced formulas, pivot tables, etc.
- Able to work Pacific Time Zone hours
- Experience with Blackline
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP or PeopleSoft
- Experience with system integrations
- SQL skills, with the ability to create ad-hoc queries for various reporting purposes
Washington Residents Only: The salary range for Washington residents is $56,300 to $110,400 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.