Penske is a leader in the transportation industry. The Operational Accounting team is seeking an ambitious Staff Accountant to provide fresh thinking and "best in class" support to the team. We are looking for an associate who is customer-focused, driven and has strong organizational skills. This position will have the opportunity to work with internal customers daily and will have responsibility for daily processes, journal entry preparation, variance analysis and account reconciliation.
• Prepare daily and monthly journal entries.
• Provide monthly measures and reports for internal customers.
• Research and resolution of transaction details.
• Integrate LEAN into daily process.
• Assist with Australia Audit support
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by Manager.
• 0-2 years experience in the field of accounting required
• Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting required
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
• Basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) preferred
• Strong communication skills required
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
• The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Job Category: Finance/Accounting
Job Family: Common
Address: 100 Gundy Drive
Primary Location: US-PA-Reading
Employer: Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
Req ID: 2327451