The Penske Mid Accountant position has responsibility for working with financial statements, preparing journal entries, and completing variance reporting. The successful candidate will be responsible to provide expertise and accounting support to our field locations throughout the United Sates as well as internationally.
• G/L Controllership functions including but not limited to - Account Validations, research and resolution of out of balance transactions, and District Master maintenance.
• Prepare daily and monthly journal entries
• Provide monthly measure packages for internal customers
• Prepare monthly p&l variance analysis
• Work with other Corporate departments to resolve recurring G/L errors
• Work with International teams on monthly reconciliations
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
• At least 1 or more years experience in the field of accounting required
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint required
• Experience with AS400 and/or OneStream XF preferred
• Experience in understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial statements preferred
• Strong communication and organizational skills required
• Analytical skills required
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category: Finance/Accounting
Job Family: Finance
Address: 100 Gundy Drive
Primary Location: US-PA-Reading
Employer: Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
Req ID: 2327585