Senior Finance Manager US VAP & HEOR – Above Markets Commercialization (R1557265-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
This role is a key finance business partner responsible for providing global financial, accounting, integration and key decision support to the US VAP & HEOR commercial organizations.
The Senior Finance Manager will have proven experience successfully collaborating across an organization, be inquisitive with a strong willingness to learn, and be passionate about contributing to the success of the organization.
- Provide financial support, including the build and consolidation of budget, projection and actual spend of the US VAP & HEOR organizations. Role assists in the management of ~$200+ million in spend.
- Partner with Commercial leadership to provide strategic financial guidance and resource allocation
- Track, analyze and understand brand investment, financial risks and opportunities
- Participates in monthly and quarterly financial close, including the development and issuance of reports and analyses focusing on comparison of results to budget, understanding key variances and meeting regularly with business partners to review results (i.e., presentations/direct conversations with Senior Management)
- Provides financial stewardship to clients on financial and/or accounting matters, partnering with Technical Accounting, Business Controls, etc.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop and analyze the annual Budget and quarterly Projections, including smart budgeting and product allocation support and the development of PP presentations to facilitate senior leadership business reviews.
- Facilitate finance processes by actively coordinating with matrix and corporate finance stakeholders (Commercial HQ, Tax, Business Controls, Treasury, etc.)
- Responsible for owning and improving the financial planning processes including development of timelines, reviews, deliverables, etc.
- Partners with Global Procurement on Value Capture initiatives including validating, tracking and reporting third-party synergies
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA and/or MBA is a differentiator
- Minimum 8 years diversified experience in finance supporting multiple functions/business units; Pharma experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex problems/data gathered from a variety of sources and through effective analysis, deliver analytical support to senior management in a timely manner
- Participated in the planning process, including responsibility for the design of planning tools and templates
- Strong working knowledge of BMS financial systems including SAP, Hyperion, and RPM preferred
- Very high level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint required
- Demonstrated knowledge of US GAAP and internal controls, strong financial and analytical skills required
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Successful candidate must be a demonstrated, strong self-starter, have the ability to manage multiple tasks and be able to work with minimal supervision, as well as demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing business needs and requests
- Must be team oriented and have ability to work collaboratively in a matrix environment working with multiple levels of management
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment often with aggressive deadlines and quick turnarounds
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.