Senior Finance Manager Reporting & Consolidations – Above Markets Commercialization (R1557267-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
This role manages the finance consolidation and reporting activities of the WW Commercial Portfolio Strategy organization and the Total Above Markets Commercialization (AMC). This role will also be key in leading efforts to support the implementation of the product allocation methodology across all the AMC groups, as well as Smart Budgeting packages.
The Senior Finance Manager will have proven experience successfully collaborating across an organization, be inquisitive with a strong willingness to learn, and be passionate about contributing to the success of the organization.
- Coordinates the monthly and quarterly closing process and timelines, and provides leadership to team in focusing on key drivers of variances vs. budget, prior projection and prior year. Participates in the Corporate Financial Analysis weekly calls to provide guidance on budget/projection cycles.
- Responsible for the consolidation of budget, projections, actual reporting, product allocations and smart budgeting, as well as consolidated templates required by Commercial HQ.
- Responsible of supporting AMC Director in the preparation of WWCPS and CCO Budget and Projection presentations.
- Responsible of submitting monthly split settlements and Cost Center assessment template to properly account for product allocations.
- Collaborates with R2R, Demand Management, HR, Procurement, Commercial HQ teams, among others, to support AMC centralized adhoc requests.
- Accountable for reporting requirements to Commercial HQ, Corporate Financial Analysis, Corporate Financial Reporting, Tax, BCF, Treasury
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA and/or MBA preferred
- 8 years of relevant experience in finance roles
- Strong working knowledge of BMS financial systems including SAP, RPM and Hyperion preferred, with the ability to work with large data-sets
- Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks, be well organized, and have a proven track record of meeting or exceeding expectations
- Must be a self-starter (highly proactive), highly motivated, and have proven success in operating in situations of ambiguity
- Strong oral, written, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Highest level of integrity, work ethic and financial stewardship
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment often with aggressive deadlines and quick turnarounds
- High level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint required
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.