Project Analyst (Finance) - Letterkenny, Ireland (106553717)
Optum, the fastest growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernising the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
About the Role:
As a leader in one of the fastest growing segments of OptumInsight, the Project Controller, Clinical Technology Solutions (CTS) will partner with CTS leadership and project/account managers to manage project, account, and portfolio performance, including supporting project related business processes/functions, and making recommendations in support of project/account and patient/member outcomes. The Project Controller will directly interface with CTS Operations and business leaders and CTS project managers on financial business issues and opportunities.
CTS offers specialised technology solutions across a broad and growing base of clinical markets, including commercial clients, UnitedHealthcare, and OptumCare. You will be a direct report of the Director, OptumInsight CTS Epic Enterprise Services and have matrixed alignment to the CTS VP Operations.
Careers with Optum offer flexible work arrangements and individuals who live and work in the Republic of Ireland will have the opportunity to split their monthly work hours between our Letterkenny office and telecommuting from a home-based office.
- Partner with Clinical Technology Solutions (CTS) leadership and project/account managers to drive overall project, account and portfolio results and ensure sound financial and execution, including analysis and insights on performance, budget vs actuals, expenses, margin and product costing.
- Support and execute effective, business processes and internal controls, including engagement structure, pricing, deal review and ongoing engagement/contract performance.
- Support project, program account and portfolio reviews and monitoring MBOs.
- Present findings and recommendations to CTS leadership and management, including business modeling, budgeting, forecasting/planning, reporting/visualization and analysis at the practice, project, and portfolio/account levels.
- Partner with CTS leadership to facilitate capital planning processes and provide support to product development activities, including monitoring and reporting.
- Participate in a variety of special projects and provide financial analysis and support for developing ideas, programs, and projects.
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve processes and identify areas of improvement.
- Partner with OI Finance to support financial analysis and reporting/visualization, help ensure strong overall financial performance.
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and partners.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, equivalent field, or relevant experience
- Solid experience in healthcare, business, finance, product and/or consulting disciplines
- Advanced Excel experience managing data, project, product, and/or portfolio business models
- Solid working knowledge of and experience with complex business, project and contract operating models, including global, centers of excellence and large-scale market partnerships
- Comfortable leveraging new technologies and driving automation (BI tools, visualization, etc.)
- Ability to work a portion of monthly work hours from our Letterkenny office is required
- Project management and/or process improvement experience
- Supervisory experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously in a complex fast paced, matrixed environment
- Proven organizational, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Proven consultative skills and a collaborative approach to driving success
- Ability to interact effectively with leadership and build strong relationships across a variety of stakeholders
- Strong communication skills and team player that supports and drives organizational goals
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organisation around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
#RPO #projectmanagement #PM #PMO #software #projectmanager