Finance Manager - Minnetonka, MN (107496952)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Understand the UnitedHealth Group financial process and become an active participant in the management of its financials
- Analyze and report on financials and partner with senior leaders to collaboratively manage and create budgets
- Act as finance liaison for the delivery of SG&A budget and forecast
- Analyze and report on operating cost financial models in an effort to lead identifying, analyzing and driving cost savings into the organization
- Conduct cost-benefit analysis, calculate cost impact, summarize and present to a larger audience
- Manage various ad hoc and independent projects and working directly with finance and business leadership
- Collaborate across finance and business to understand and demonstrate complex concepts to finance leadership
- Proactively seek out improvements and enhancements to existing financial processes
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or related field
- 5+ years of financial and operational management experience
- Exceptional financial acumen and P&L management skills
- Proven experience driving business performance in a high growth environment
- Prior work experience anticipating accounting, financial reporting, forecasting, and operational issues, assessing their implications, and developing and implementing an appropriate action plan
- Strong ability to work collaboratively and influence across a matrix environment to drive revenue enhancement and expense management initiatives
- Strong executive presence, communication and influencing skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Supervisory experience
- Experience using Hyperion Essbase and/or PeopleSoft Financials
- Experience in the Healthcare Industry
- Solid interpersonal & communication skills (written & verbal)
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a high paced environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.