UHC Finance Grad Intern - Minnetonka, MN (107555654)
Our finance professionals at UnitedHealth Group are engaged in the important work of making health care more affordable, simpler and easier for people to access. Now, more than ever we need finance and accounting professionals like you with the financial skills and discipline to help us achieve this goal. As a Financial Graduate Student Intern, you'll impact millions of lives. You will collaborate with an elite team of accounting and finance professionals who are writing the history of our organization and guiding our success as a global industry leader. Your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else. You'll find that this is place where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
- Prepare, review or consolidate forecast models including development of forecast inputs
- Coordinate with CFOs or other key stakeholders on variance commentary for forecast and month end
- Prepare and review reporting summaries for forecasting and month end reporting packages
- Collaborate with other functional areas across UHC Finance/Controllership (e.g.Financial Planning & Analysis, Controllership, Medical Reserving, SG&A and UHG Corporate Finance and Accounting).
- Prepare ad-hoc requests as necessary for leadership
- Demonstrate flexibility to seamlessly reprioritize and pivot on deliverables
- Own and communicate forecast process and timelines to senior leadership and matrix partners
- Complete enhanced key performance metric analysis or ROI analysis to drive and prioritize growth
- Provide guidance and development to partners
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent work experience from an accredited university
- Actively working toward master’s degree with graduation date no later than June 2023
- Financial acumen and familiarity with P&L management required
- Proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office products
- Experience working in dynamic team environment
- Ability to work autonomously and problem solve with little direction
- Demonstrated experience of consistently delivering results
- Demonstrated aptitude to learn and institute new processes
- Ability to lead and manage direct reports
Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Financial planning & analysis experience
- Healthcare or insurance industry experience
- Hyperion Essbase, Planning and PeopleSoft Financials
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Finance Grad Intern, UHC, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota