Retail Operations Finance Senior Manager
Are you an innovative thinker with a proven track record of helping Consumer Products & Retail companies transform their workforce to achieve their business goals?
The Consumer industry is focused on serving the changing consumer, who has rapidly evolving needs, behaviors and preferences for products, services, and experiences. Our Consumer Products and Retail sector is undergoing a transformation fueled by an empowered consumer, technology advancements, market fragmentation and blurring lines across the industry. Organizations are racing to compete for the consumer's attention and win share of wallet, which is creating unique challenges to innovate, modernize technology and transform business models with the winners ultimately seeing this as a consumer-led renaissance.
Finance & Enterprise Performance
Our Finance & Enterprise Performance team works as a trusted advisor to CFOs, COOs, CIOs, and key executives. We advise, implement and deliver as-a-service solutions, helping our clients develop strategies and capabilities to support enterprise-wide decision-making, improve finance operations, and create impact within their organization.
Work you'll do
You, along with dynamic colleagues, will help CFOs and Finance Executives define and implement a vision for how to elevate their roles as business partners. As a Deloitte Manager you will provide service e xcellence by identifying key client business issues and needs and designing and implementing creative business and technology solutions for large companies in the following areas:
• Finance Strategy:
o Finance capability and maturity assessment
o Finance visioning, business case, and roadmap development
o Service delivery model strategy
o Capital allocation strategy
o Finance organization design
• Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) :
o Planning, budgeting, and forecasting optimization
o Zero-based budgeting (ZBB)
o Cost and profitability management optimization
o Management reporting and analytics design
o Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) design
• Finance Operations:
o Order-to-Cash, Procure-to-Pay, and Record-to-Report optimization
o Finance controllership
o Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
Our Senior Managers are expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways:
• Engagement Management- manage engagement risk and project economics including planning and budgeting; manage accounts receivable; define deliverable content; ensure buy-in of proposed solutions from client top management
• Business Development- develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to proposal pricing strategy
• Practice Development & Eminence- develop solutions and methodologies; develop thoughtware and point-of-view documents; public speaking; publication in industry periodicals
• People Development- perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the firm's staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities
- • 8+ years of experience working in Consumer Products (wholesalers or distributors) or Retail industry (merchandisers, specialty apparel, footwear, large food or drug stores, big-box stores) corporate or retail environment.
• Practical experience in Finance Service Delivery, Finance Operations, FP&A, Finance Strategy, or EPM
• Experience leading or managing teams and change initiatives (especially in a project management role)
- • Record of consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility
- • Experience developing a vision for the Finance organization and realizing the vision through large scale transformations encompassing finance process redesign, service delivery model development, and technology implementations.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future .
• Experience with budgetary responsibilities related to projects or resources
• Ability to understand how business model changes impact finance organizations
- Ability to provide strategy, transformation, and technology fluency (experience delivering ops and technology) to Office of the CFO, experience leading cross-functional teams across Finance, Supply Chain, Human Resources, and Information Technology.
- Experience developing proposals, establishing and delivering Programs with multiple work streams and large, multi-functional teams (e.g., IT, PMO, change management, process re-engineering, organizational redesign, etc.).
- Specific experience should include but not be limited to, assessing the Finance organization, identifying initiatives supporting a future state roadmap; Deep understanding of Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Record to Report, Accelerate Close Cycles, and business partnering across people, process and technology dimensions.
- Developing Digital solutions (e.g., predictive planning, scenario based models, ERP, process automation, analytics, and visualizations); Ability to lead complex benchmarking studies for finance service delivery models, and ability to develop and execute plans to achieve future state needs (e.g. operating model structure with shared services, COE's, spans and layers etc.).
- Strong project management and delivery experience, including budget oversight and staffing of project teams including time management.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Previous experience mentoring, training and developing junior members of the team; experience in employee performance reviews.
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint). Working knowledge and experience of MS Office applications and training development tools.
- L ocated within a commutable distance of a Deloitte office.