Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Advisory Senior Consultant- Mergers and Acquisitions Finance & Accounting Integration (9969)
Are you looking to expand upon your finance & accounting (F&A) background in a fast-paced and dynamic deal environment?
Deloitte M&A Services is the recognized marketplace leader among large professional services firms in providing merger, acquisition, and divestiture services to corporate strategic buyers and private equity investors. We work with clients on the full range of deal execution issues, including due diligence, tax and accounting structuring, merger integration and post transaction considerations. Our multi-disciplinary approach combines M&A, industry and other function specialists to provide fact-based answers and objective feedback geared to minimizing risk and increasing returns
Work you'll do
As a Senior Consultant in our finance & accounting M&A integration and separation practice, you will work with an experienced Deloitte team to support Chief Financial Officers, Controllers, Chief Accounting Officers, and other Finance leaders to plan for and execute their most strategic transactions while navigating technical and operational finance & accounting matters. You will provide a perspective and leverage leading Deloitte solutions related to executing and accounting for the transaction, defining the future state finance operating model, and developing and executing a plan to operate as a newly integrated or separated company.
You will be viewed as a critical member of a client engagement team and responsible f or working with the engagement leadership team to develop client-specific content and participate in discussions & workshops with client executives. You will also be responsible for energizing and guiding a team of Analysts and Consultants both in-person and virtually, including offshore resources.
The Deloitte M&A Services team has an in-depth and unmatched understanding of the end-to-end M&A life cycle. Our experience advising with some of the largest transactions in market history as a firm and access to our global network of advisors means we have the capabilities to help clients confidently pursue strategic transactions across all aspects of their business.
Learn more about Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory Mergers and Acquisition practice.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or a related field with 4 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate work experience
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and end-to-end finance and accounting business processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with extensive experience developing and delivering executive-level presentations
- Strong level of knowledge, comfort, and experience with PowerPoint and Excel
- Willingness and ability to accommodate unpredictable and last-minute travel. While 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- MBA or Master's degree in Accounting, Finance or Information Technology
- CPA, CIA, CFA or PMP or other relevant certifications
- Big 4 or strategic consulting firm experience
- Working knowledge of M&A transaction life cycle, with a focus on the integration and separation components of the life cycle
- Experience managing, developing, motivating, and coaching team members
- Experience playing a contributor role on a transaction integration team or large transformation program (e.g., M&A integration/separation, ERP system implementation, finance process transformation)
- Working experience in project management, including project management tools and techniques such as developing a project plan, milestone plan, dependency identification, status reporting, and issue resolution