Associate Manager, Finance (R445665)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
What You Will Do
Heavy involvement, including process management, in the monthly accounting cadence in a manufacturing plant environment. Develops, implements, maintains and evaluates accounting systems and procedures and ensures the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data. Also manages standard costing including overhead application, product routings and BOMs, inventory, prepare and review account reconciliations in BlackLine, headcount management, and support business partners.
- Leads monthly and yearly closing process
- Leads annual cost roll
- Lead and/or support strategic business projects including process improvements, cost reductions and ERP enhancements
- Manages team of analysts/associates, identifies top talent, and mentors growth
- Ensures financial statements and account reconciliations comply with company policy and GAAP
- Interacts with site leadership to ensure effective communication and collaboration
- Provides analysis of key business issues to senior management
- Oversees cost structure and P&L and collaborates and communicates with manufacturing, materials, sourcing, quality assurance and other functions concerning budgeting, projections and variances
- Identifies and implements process improvements and controls that enhance efficiency and financial integrity
- Forecasts staffing needs to meet business demands; trains, motivates, coaches, rewards, and disciplines employees being managed; resolves personnel issues
- Assists management with development and implementation of policies and procedures; ensures all established policies and procedures are followed by employees
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager/director
What You Need
- B.B.A. or B.S. required. Preferred with an emphasis in accounting. Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- Intermediate capabilities with remainder of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Professional certification or related advanced course work in accounting
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- 2+ years of cost accounting experienced preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent Microsoft office application skills
- Accounting related software experience (Oracle and/or SAP)
- Excel (spreadsheet applications)
- Advanced analytical and data interpretation capabilities, including advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access (preferred, not required).
- Ability to interact with and influence others to drive change.
- Performance driven.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize tasks.
- High standard of integrity and accuracy.
- Strong communication skills, including interpersonal and data delivery.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.