IT Solution Manager, Finance (R441206)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
The IT Solution Manager, Finance is responsible for build governance and execution of the Finance solutions/applications in accordance with Enterprise Architecture guidelines. The IT Solution Manager, Finance is responsible for the delivery of capabilities and other supporting technologies within the Finance Applications area into Stryker sites. The IT Solution Manager, Finance is responsible for the production of detailed technical documents, configuration and/or development within the assigned applications, understanding of the overall design and architecture of a platform, and delivery of the end to end solutions.
Essential duties & responsibilities: (detailed description)
- Perform activities following Stryker’s Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) framework and processes
- Responsible for the build and technical delivery activities for all products/applications/technologies assigned to the team
- Responsible for the delivery of capabilities across the SAP Finance application platform including other Finance integrating systems like Vertex or banking solution SWIFT
- Working with Demand Review Board to manage supply and demand into Build group
- Responsible for all planning and execution activities for the Build group in Finance applications
- Responsible for the overall systems architecture and design in the larger context of complex heterogeneous systems.
- Manages and coordinates with external suppliers and deployment partners to ensure they meet their contracted deliverables, agreed upon timelines, and metrics.
- Lead/champion new generation of technologies in the SAP and finance applications arena
- Accountable for choosing the right technology platform for implementing an architected solution
- Formulates deployment strategies to ensure reliability and scalability for Stryker systems
- Assesses technological risks that could jeopardize the growth and/or operations of the organization; makes recommendations on applications retirement
- Leads and directs the work of Technical Solution Leads, Technical Solution Analysts and Solution Architects within SAP area or programs.
- Provides consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top-level contributor/specialist.
- Writes specifications, develops architectural concepts and artifacts.
- Works closely with vendors through the entire system development lifecycle and ultimately accountable for their performance against measured KPIs
- Accountable for smooth transition to Service Delivery
- Manages the HR designated tasks for the people within their team
- Financial focus on delivering activities on budget, leveraging time on value-driven activities and ensuring external resources meet contractual deliverables.
- Special projects/assignments as required.
Education & special trainings:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in the areas of Computer science, Engineering, Information Systems, Business, or equivalent field of study required.
- Master's degree in MIS, MBA or related disciplines preferred
Qualifications & experience:
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience required, preferred 5 years deploying or delivering SAP Finance solutions, specifically focused on SAP Accounts Receivable, SAP FSCM (Dispute and Collection Management), SAP Banking (BCM, EBS, Lockbox), and Vertex (Sales and Use Tax, VAT).
- Strong understanding of SAP integration with other SAP S/4 functions and applications
- Experience in owning and building SAP S/4 and ECC Finance applications and products
- Experience in leading resources in projects and programs
- Strong commercial awareness and acumen and dealing with vendors
- Deep understanding and knowledge of enterprise systems including but not limited to Finance Applications platform
- Extensive knowledge of medical devices and/or pharmaceutical industry and basic knowledge of adjacent areas in terms of processes, organization, products and IT requirements
- Ability to consider upstream and downstream process impacts and implications
- Exhibits acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Versatility and willingness to work with constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Experienced in enterprise solution methodologies, preferably in both traditional waterfall and agile approaches preferred
- International experience and/or exposure working in other business functions preferred
- Knowledge of Lean, ITIL, PPM, PMO, etc. standards and processes preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with Senior Management
- Must be able to generate, explain, and present detailed schedules, objectives, reports, and other documentation accurately
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix organization structure with significant emphasis on collaboration and persuasion, rather than relying entirely on command and control.
- Experience developing strategic business process methodologies to drive collaboration and business results
- Demonstrated understanding of business-wide needs and processes and ability to work strategically with multiple facets of a global business
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to drive initiatives and projects independently from start to finish
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills to a diverse set of audiences
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.