Retail/Consumer Products Finance Strategy Manager (18909)
- Provide service excellence by identifying key client business issues
- Determine client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches
- Evaluate and validate analysis and develop recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement.
- Implement and oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance.
- Participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities.
- Lead small engagements or components of large, complex engagements.
- 6+ years of experience working in Consumer Products (wholesalers or distributors) or Retail industry (merchandisers, specialty apparel, footwear, large food or drug stores, big-box stores) corporate or retail environment.
- Practical experience in Finance Service Delivery, Finance Operations, FP&A, Finance Strategy, or EPM
- Experience leading or managing teams and change initiatives (especially in a project management role)
- Record of consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience developing a vision for the Finance organization and realizing the vision through large scale transformations encompassing finance process redesign, service delivery model development, and technology implementations.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Experience with budgetary responsibilities related to projects or resources
- Ability to understand how business model changes impact finance organizations
- Ability to provide strategy, transformation, and technology fluency (experience delivering ops and technology) to Office of the CFO, experience leading cross-functional teams across Finance, Supply Chain, Human Resources, and Information Technology.
- Experience developing proposals, establishing and delivering Programs with multiple work streams and large, multi-functional teams (e.g., IT, PMO, change management, process re-engineering, organizational redesign, etc.).
- Specific experience should include but not be limited to, assessing the Finance organization, identifying initiatives supporting a future state roadmap; Deep understanding of Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Record to Report, Accelerate Close Cycles, and business partnering across people, process and technology dimensions.
- Developing Digital solutions (e.g., predictive planning, scenario based models, ERP, process automation, analytics, and visualizations); Ability to lead complex benchmarking studies for finance service delivery models, and ability to develop and execute plans to achieve future state needs (e.g. operating model structure with shared services, COE's, spans and layers etc.).
- Strong project management and delivery experience, including budget oversight and staffing of project teams including time management.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Previous experience mentoring, training and developing junior members of the team; experience in employee performance reviews.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint). Working knowledge and experience of MS Office applications and training development tools.
- Located within a commutable distance of a Deloitte office.