Director, Finance (R455599)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.comWhy finance at Stryker?
Are you looking for a profitable and growing company with a great culture and reputation?Stryker is the only company with 40 consecutive years of sales growth and was recently named the #5 Best Workplace in the WORLD by Fortune! Here, you will have many opportunities to learn and grow as we offer development opportunities unique for each employees needs including training, certifications, mentorship, leadership programs, tuition reimbursement, one-on-one coaching and more!
- Key member of Instruments global finance leadership and SPR site leadership teams that formulates & executes strategic objectives, to help drive results & future direction.
- Define & drive commercial success measurable such as top line growth & margin expansion
- Be a key opinion leader that influences widespread knowledge of the site.
- Own innovative financial processes for monitoring the objectives and specific achievements related to each new strategic & margin transformation initiatives.
- Build organizational capability to develop & constructively challenge business plans & financial models to identify key value drivers.
- Develop relationships & influence key senior leaders across Stryker
- Enable alternative commercial arrangements with strategic Vendors to lower cost of adoption.
- Steer Technology investment strategy toward commercial success.
- Challenge distribution models using site advantages to simplify supply chain.
- Develop a global micro-spoke model for Patient Specific proliferation (mass customization)
- Integrate deeply with commercial strategic plans.
- Partner with the Operations Director to deliver set financial results.
- Manage the site finance team including recruitment, training and development and performance management.
- Design new product funding models to drive adoption
- Direct Puerto Rico Government interactions, in partnership with Global Tax, Legal and Treasury.
- Provide financial advice and partnership to the team leaders.
- Provide financial inputs at the monthly business unit reviews.
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual budget & standard setting.
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual capital budget and ongoing capital spend projections throughout the year.
- Ensure adequate internal financial controls and their adherence
- Drive process improvements to ensure the provision of information to key business owners is more efficient
- All other duties as assigned.
- A Degree in business or equivalent discipline is required.
- Hold a recognized professional accounting qualification
- 10+ years’ experience in a Finance leadership position supporting a high performance business.
- The successful candidate will be customer focused with a strategic mind-set.
- Excellent communication and organization skills with the ability to manage several priorities at once.
- High commercial & business acumen.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/