Finance Manager, Corporate FP&A (R457742)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.comWhy finance at Stryker?
Are you looking for a profitable and growing company with a great culture and reputation?Stryker is the only company with 40 consecutive years of sales growth and was recently named the #5 Best Workplace in the WORLD by Fortune! Here, you will have many opportunities to learn and grow as we offer development opportunities unique for each employees needs including training, certifications, mentorship, leadership programs, tuition reimbursement, one-on-one coaching and more!
Stryker is hiring a Finance Manager, Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis!
What you will do
- Act as the Finance/FP&A business partner to the Corporate Functions group, specifically, HR, Legal, Finance, Corporate Affairs, and Investor Relations.
- Directly responsible for accurate and timely completion of monthly reporting and projections for associated corporate function financials.
- Lead and provide monthly analyses and concisely communicate results to senior management, executives and project teams.
- Deliver high-quality, concise narratives of significant variances to prior year, budget, and forecast.
- Highlight trends and significant drivers of forecast (tell the story).
- Communicate projections and budgets.
- Develop reporting package to highlight spending trends and opportunities
- Provide financial partnership to the corporate function teams to ensure results consistent with budget and projections, challenge spending to reduce total costs, and provide visibility to spending and key metrics to drive performance improvements and standardization.
- Ensure financial transactions and financial statements are properly documented and in compliance with applicable accounting guidelines
- Oversee development of budgets and projections for operating and project budgets.
- Ensure the accurate and timely delivery of financial results with clear and concise commentary regarding variance to expectations
- Enforce cost control/ownership by reviewing results with function cost center owners
- Oversight and accountability for special projects from inception to execution.
- Oversee review of pending SOW’s and contracts to ensure proper fit within budgets and/or projections.
- Participate in the creation of finance training material for the functional communities.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for corporate finance processes.
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is required.
- Technical accounting and internal controls expertise, preferably public accounting experience
- CMA / CPA preferred
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and leadership experience with an emphasis on relationship management with all levels within an organization of comparable size and structure
- Demonstrated experience leading multi-discipline, high-performance work teams/groups and managing resources to meet organizational goals across multiple projects
- Superior oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills; ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/ or negotiating with internal and external customers, and senior management, and ability to communicate with others in antagonistic situations using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards
- 8+ years progressive Finance / Accounting experience with expertise in US GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley Act, and Financial Modeling.
- 5 years previous management/leadership experience qualified with expertise in indirect management / ability to influence others
- Familiarity with SAP and Hyperion preferred
Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/