Strategy, Diligence, & Restructuring Finance Manager (56747)
- Business and Operating Model Transformation.
- Digital Transformation.
- Synergy and dis-synergy assessments, planning and value capture.
- Rapid Cost Take-out - pre(distressed) clients.
- Working Capital Optimization.
- Strategic Turnarounds.
- Clean Room Services.
- Business Process Optimization / Automation.
- Stranded Cost Reduction.
- Legal entity restructuring related transformation.
The Restructuring Finance team plays a critical role for clients in the transformation phase of the M&A deal lifecycle by the following:
- Review M&A readiness documentation, tools, & templates as needed.
- Revise M&A strategy if necessary based on lessons learned.
- Assess potential for consolidating or closing business units.
- Evaluate Finance Operating Model.
- Align finance policies and procedures between target and acquirer.
- Optimize unified planning, reporting & forecasting process.
- Plan and prepare for rigor of next YE/audit.
- Assess deal returns.
- Document lessons learned.
- A candidate must have M&A or M&A Service Delivery Experience in the following areas:
- Participating in setting engagement objectives and scope.
- Framing issues and breaking it down into hypotheses to be solved
- Developing work plans for components of engagements, coordinate activities between work streams and identify changes in scope.
- Designing deliverable content to precisely reflect the engagement contract and client needs and strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation of results.
- Collaborating with practitioners in other practices and businesses
- Providing corporate and private equity buyers with a broad continuum of advisory services to support mergers, acquisitions, carve-outs, investment and financing structures, disposition alternatives and post-transaction activities.
- Partnering with senior executives to define how they employ M&A - to create value. Specifically, helping set value creation targets, identify levers for value creation, develop value creation roadmaps and help define value creation plans and assist clients in realizing value.
- Providing industry insight and analytical support using data mining, pattern matching, data visualization, and predictive modelling tools to produce analysis and algorithms that enables pre-deal and post-deal integration, divestiture, and major restructuring/cost transformation activities to achieve/exceed deal value, synergy targets, or strategic cost takeout objectives.
- Managing service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement.
- Managing day-to-day interactions with executive clients and sponsors; develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients.
- Participating and leading aspects of the proposal development process; contributing to the development of proposal pricing strategies.
- Identifying and developing add-on sales opportunities.
- Performing role of counselor and coach; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices.
- Improving internal processes, and promote knowledge sharing in the team, by contributing to the community of practice, blogs, and other forms of market eminence.
- Bachelor's degree and 6+ years consulting and/or industry experience; alternatively, an MBA with 4+ years relevant work experience is acceptable.
- Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Ability to apply practical experience with communications, culture, and change management.
- Ability to perform analysis and synthesize data into useful insights.
- Experience in financial analysis, business process reengineering and operational performance improvement analysis.
- Experience with staff development and eagerness to mentor junior practitioners.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- An advanced degree is preferred.