AVP- Financial Lines Finance (341715)
AVP- Financial Lines Finance
This North America Financial Lines (NAFL) position is a hands-on and diverse leadership position. Regular interaction with NAFL President and business partners. The position is responsible for supporting the financial, operational and strategic needs of NAFL business leadership as well as supporting the deliverables. This includes but not limited to leading components of the monthly and quarterly accounting close and reporting process, financial planning & analysis, forecasting, and accumulating, reviewing and reporting financial and operational data and metrics as assigned.
Provide management and business partners with accurate and timely financial and operational information/support so informed business decisions can be made. This will occur through the completion of the following:
- Distribute daily production snapshots and weekly new business metrics to NAFL President and business partners.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and year to date P&L exhibits providing analyses and comparisons to plan, prior and forecasts in support of the monthly/quarterly reporting package provided to management and executives.
- Provide and compile metrics and analysis of P&L statements including Premium production, NEP and Acquisition costs.
- Gather/prepare documentation to support the new Cyber treaty in place and work with different North America segments to compile/obtain analysis.
- Gather/prepare documentation to support financial results, unusual activity, trends or occurrences and inform finance and business partners of the findings.
- Prepare, upload, review and analyze data by PC in TM1.
- Continue to follow up on issues until completion.
- Prepare and document monthly and quarterly narratives detailing variances.
- Review, analyze, scrub financial and operational data. Reach conclusions provide recommendations and analysis. Communicate findings effectively.
- Developing of management reports in TM1 and providing support to related users.
- Prepare and provide support for the pre-bind and post-bind metrics and processes and continuously improve key financial and non-financial drivers of financial and operational performance.
- Assist documenting, developing, and implementing financial and operational processes.
- Work on various projects related to data quality and availability, system implementations and improvements
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- 6+ years relevant experience – in accounting, finance or financial/business analyst roles.
- Accounting or Financial Planning and Analysis experience required.
- Ability to lead others, problem solve and work autonomously, to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Strong accounting and analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize deadlines
- Strong business and financial acumen required
- P&C Insurance accounting and/or understanding of Insurance financial concepts and data required
- Must demonstrate an orientation to results, integrity and dedication. Enthusiastic self-starter
- Ability to work effectively and independently with other disciplines and all levels of management/staff throughout the organization.
- Ability to support business and other diverse constituents
- Experience with financial systems, general ledger, planning and forecasting tools, relational databases query and reporting (e.g. TM1, Cognos, Qlik, PeopleSoft, SQL) technologies a plus
- Understand and utilize the various internal reporting systems and tools (BAR, Vision, Tracker) a plus
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.