Associate Director of Strategic Finance, Optum Behavioral Solutions - Telecommute (100377829)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Associate Director of Strategic Finance is responsible for various financial and strategic functions across Optum Behavioral Solutions, including program ROI analyses and strategic financial communication with key executives across Optum and UnitedHealthcare. This person will also create in-depth financial models and analysis of program financial and operational metrics to evaluate and influence numerous aspects of the company's business performance and strategic direction of the organization.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects to evaluate new business opportunities in association with executive across Optum Behavioral Solutions
- Communicate financial plans and forecasts with various executives across both Optum and UnitedHealthcare
- Providing finance support around existing contract reviews and new business opportunities
- Lead development of business/financial case for specific initiatives or capital investments
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve processes and identify areas of improvement
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, mathematics, or equivalent experience
- Experience building detailed financial models to analyze business performance, including defining and evaluating financial and/or operational performance metrics to identify key value drivers
- Proven ability to work independently with key business executives (finance, operations, clinical, technology, etc) to evaluate business processes and key drivers of operational and business performance
- Advance level of proficiency with Excel
- M&A experience
- 2+ years of experience in healthcare
- Experience working with large data sets, advanced statistics, and predictive models
- Experience presenting to executive level leadership
- Supervisory experience
- Sound analytic background, attention to details
- Excellent communication and organization skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The Salary range for Colorado Connecticut and Nevada residents is $97,300 to 176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Associate Director of Strategic Finance, Optum Behavioral Solutions, Healthcare, Financial Models, Finance, Operations, Clinical, Technology, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota