SR A/R Pharmacy Medical Billing Clerk - Optum NV Hybrid
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
This position prepares and edits medical claims for submission through our Pharmacy, both hard copy and electronically, to various 3rd party payors and clearinghouses.
**Please Note** - Hybrid role in Las Vegas, NV - 3 Days in office and 2 Remote working 8:00am - 5:00 pm Mon-Fri Pacific Time
- Payment posting, credits, working insurance and private ATBs and working denials
- Claims preparation and processing - Medical and Pharmacy claims
- Meeting and achieving daily and monthly productivity
- Applies knowledge/skills to activities that often vary from day to day
- Demonstrates a moderate level of knowledge and skills in own function
- Requires little assistance with standard and non-standard requests
- Solves routine problems on own
- Assist patients who call in with questions on their billing statement and who want to make payments
- Works with supervisor and lead to solve more complex problems
- Prioritizes and organizes own work
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school education or GED
- 3+ years of DME or Pharmacy Billing experience
- Experience in monitoring claims status, claims preparation and processing
- Experienced with charge entry, payment entry, credits and AR follow-up
- Experience with working claim appeals/reconsiderations and denials
- Experience with and understanding of ICD10 and CPT coding - including modifiers
- Complete understanding of interpreting EOB's
- Solid data entry skills including 10-key by touch
- Basic computer skills with MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Medicare and/or Medicaid billing experience
- SR AR Billing experience
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Nevada residents is $18.80 to $26.78. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.