Associate Director of Finance - Eden Prairie, MN or Telecommute (106788989)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Associate Director of Finance will support the OptumRx Infusion pharmacy business. This role is responsible for end-to-end financial functions including business analytics, annual planning and quarterly forecasting, metrics reporting and ad-hoc analysis. This person will also create in-depth financial models and analysis of company financial and operational metrics to evaluate and influence numerous aspects of the company's business performance. This is a high visibility role within the Organization and plays a key role within OptumRx, a fast-paced, high growth, exciting organization.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead planning, forecasting and long range plan for Infusion business
- Develop metrics, benchmarks, and analytics to guide investments and drive further growth
- Analyze monthly business trends and create standard variance analysis that helps drive action
- Ensure cost management initiatives and investments are reasonable and aligned with defined performance targets and financial thresholds
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve processes and identify areas of improvement
- Work closely with the business to develop, recommend, and establish strategies, plans, and processes to improve profitability and cost efficiencies
- Lead and develop team of analysts
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 7+ years of progressive financial planning and analysis experience
- Experience prioritizing & managing demanding workloads with concurrent deadlines
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Ability to manage and synthesize large amounts of data
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Trusted advisor and partner to those we serve in the business
- Natural curiosity to learn more, dig into details, understand key drivers of our business
- Ability to act decisively and proactively, anticipating change, and modify plans/timetables as needed
- Ability to use proper discretion when dealing with confidential information exhibiting a high level of integrity
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Pharmacy or PBM experience
- Assertive, self-starting personality with a customer service attitude
- PeopleSoft Experience, Hyperion SmartView and/or Essbase
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed organization and with cross-functional partners
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.