Supervisor Accounts Receivable Optum NV
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Supervisor - Medical Billing Office position manages all aspects of billing and collections for OptumCare Southwest Medical Assoc and the daily operation of the Business Office. Supervises 10 or more employees and is responsible for compliance with all state and federal billing regulations. Assist the Business Office Manager with establishing billing policies and procedures. Organizes and conducts monthly Business Operations Meeting with the various Operations team members and internal staff. Provide on - going training and assistance in many areas that may affect the account receivable outcome.
- Assist the Business Office Manager with establishing Business Office policies and procedures
- Provides direct supervision to department staff and of the billing and collection of all third party payor claims
- Monitoring of third party payor contract compliance through random audits and quarterly contract reporting
- Creates and prepares detailed monthly reporting of the Accounts Receivables for each company and other statistical reports assigned; trend reporting and outcomes
- Creates and prepares detailed monthly reporting of the teams productivity, assigned duties, and accomplishments
- Monitoring of federal and state insurance regulations and communication of changes to operations and office staff
- Meets monthly with operations leadership team to provide business updates pertaining to insurance carriers updates and in-house discrepancies that can affect the account receivable for the companies involved
- Hires, supervises, and evaluates the Billing Account Rep, Team Leads ensuring proper training, resource allocation, and on-going staff development
- Maintain and foster a positive work environment using the team concept of cross-training each employee in many areas of job functions within the department
- Working collaboratively with the medical staff team members to insure the medical providers and groups are properly credentialed with the contracted insurance carriers affiliated with each group
- Reconciliation of department invoices that are payable to outside vendors doing business with this specific department or any of the companies assigned to this position
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years experience of Billing experience in a Medical/Healthcare environment
- 2+ years of supervisory experience with Direct Reports
- Working knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10 coding and medical terminology
- The ability to operate 10-key by touch
- Intermediate level Microsoft Word
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field or equivalent experience
- Multi-specialty experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm
Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Nevada residents is $60,000 to $106,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.