Patient Accounting Supervisor - Stockton, CA
Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD - 10 Coding replaces ICD - 9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
The Patient Accounting Supervisor is an essential position in the Patient Financial Services Billing and Collection process and responsible for daily operations with the PFS team. Responsible to supervise and provide oversight of the billing department, claims submissions, payment posting, accounts receivable, collection, and reimbursement management.
Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 08:00am – 05:00pm. Our office is located at 49 W YOKUT AVENUE, STOCKTON, 95207.
- Requires a strong leader with the ability to supervise staff, accounts receivable and overall efficiencies within their team and department.
- Analyzes trends impacting charges, coding, collection, and accounts receivable.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and direct the teams performance to meet set goals.
- Review claims and denials to ensure that they are prepared properly and follow-up when necessary.
- Manage compliance of all federal, state and private insurance carrier requirements
- Fosters an environment that promotes teamwork and positive communications within the service area and department.
- Works collaboratively and strategically with the Revenue Cycle team to develop and operationalize processes and procedures, with continuous process improvement activities.
- Contributes to the ongoing performance management, to include quality assurance and process improvement activities.
- Responsible for conducting performance appraisals, monitoring productivity and quality, and conducting weekly team meetings
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of the Organization. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall support the Organization’s strategic plan and the goals and direction of the Performance Improvement Plan (PIP).
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of Leadership experience in a patient accounting environment
- 2+ years of experience in hospital and/or clinic billing, collections and cash posting
- Knowledge of hospital insurance billing requirements for all federal, state and local agencies and third-party submissions, as well as collections regulations
- Knowledge of third-party payer regulations and requirements
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products including Microsoft Word (create and edit documents), Microsoft Outlook (manage email and calendar), Microsoft PowerPoint (create and edit slides), and Microsoft Excel (create and edit spreadsheets)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Knowledge of ICD10
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum360. At Optum360, we're on the forefront of health care innovation. With health care costs and compliance pressures increasing every day, our employees are committed to making the financial side more efficient, transferable and sustainable for everyone. We're part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of companies, making us part of a global effort to improve lives through better health care. In other words, it's a great time to be part of the Optum360 team. Take a closer look now and discover why a career here could be the start to doing your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.