Patient Accounting Supervisor - Remote in CA, UT, WA, OR, NV
If you are located within CA, UT, WA, OR, NV, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
The Patient Accounting Supervisor is an essential position in the Patient Financial Services Billing and Collection process and responsible for daily operations with the PFS team. Responsible to supervise and provide oversight of the billing department, claims submissions, payment posting, accounts receivable, collection, and reimbursement management.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday to Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 08:00am – 05:00pm.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Requires a strong leader with the ability to supervise staff, accounts receivable and overall efficiencies within their team and department.
- Analyzes trends impacting charges, coding, collection, and accounts receivable.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and direct the teams performance to meet set goals.
- Review claims and denials to ensure that they are prepared properly and follow-up when necessary.
- Manage compliance of all federal, state and private insurance carrier requirements
- Fosters an environment that promotes teamwork and positive communications within the service area and department.
- Works collaboratively and strategically with the Revenue Cycle team to develop and operationalize processes and procedures, with continuous process improvement activities.
- Contributes to the ongoing performance management, to include quality assurance and process improvement activities.
- Responsible for conducting performance appraisals, monitoring productivity and quality, and conducting weekly team meetings
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of the Organization. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall support the Organization’s strategic plan and the goals and direction of the Performance Improvement Plan (PIP).
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of Leadership experience in a patient accounting environment within a healthcare setting (preferrable a hospital or medical center)
- 1+ years of experience in hospital billing, collections, and cash posting
- Knowledge of hospital insurance billing requirements for all federal, state and local agencies and third-party submissions, as well as collections regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products including Microsoft Word (create and edit documents), Microsoft Outlook (manage email and calendar), Microsoft PowerPoint (create and edit slides), and Microsoft Excel (create and edit spreadsheets)
- Reside within CA, UT, WA, OR, NV
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Knowledge of third-party payer regulations and requirements
- Knowledge of ICD10
- Experience with hospital and clinic billing and collections
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Nevada residents is $49,800 to $88,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.