Senior Accounting Consultant - Remote
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This role provides support for the month end close process working across all segments of UHC and is critical in meeting aggressive monthly reporting deadlines to executive leaders at UHC/UHG. Monthly reporting includes: UHC consolidated actual results compared to budget/forecast and UHC consolidated cash flow compared to budget/forecast, with business commentary on overall themes. Working across all UHC segment accounting teams, this role is an important control in ensuring our financials are reported in accordance with USGAAP and provides the executive team with accurate and timely financial performance information.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Aggregates monthly close estimates on a daily basis through the close process for consolidated UHC
- Leads the end of day calls with business segments during month end
- Provides the UHC consolidated business results commentary
- Maintains reporting packages and a solid internal control framework
- Coordinates reporting delivery schedules with UHC accounting, finance, and reporting teams
- Leads the quarterly meeting with UHC accounting teams to review all deliverable deadlines
- Leads the operating cash flow budget/forecast process with the UHC accounting teams and in collaboration with UHG accounting team
- Works to find efficiencies in the close reporting process and resolves issues
- Supports testing of internal controls and delegation of authority policy adherence
- Collaborate with other functional areas across UHC Finance / Controllership (e.g. Financial Planning & Analysis, Medical Reserving, SG&A) and UHG Corporate Finance & Accounting
- Assist with other adhoc projects for reporting and analysis
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree required in accounting, finance, or business
- 5+ years of progressive professional experience in finance and/or accounting
- Intermediate level of understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and financial statements
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Proven solid communication skills with all levels within an organization and across geographic dispersion
- Proven ability to transform inconsistent data and processes into standardized models, as applicable
- Six sigma or LEAN certification
- Public accounting experience (CPA)
- Hyperion Essbase and PeopleSoft experience
- Healthcare experience
- Proven solid written and verbal communication skills
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Work with a Fortune 5 organization that’s serving millions of people as we transform health care with bold ideas. Bring your energy for driving change for the better. Help us improve health access and outcomes for everyone, as we work to advance health equity, connecting people with the care they need to feel their best. As an industry leader, our commitment to improving lives is second to none.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Washington or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Washington or New York City residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.