Senior Accounts Receivable Specialist - Remote
Opportunities at Change Healthcare, part of the Optum family of businesses. We are transforming the health care system through innovative technology and analytics. Find opportunities to make a difference in a variety of career areas as we all play a role in accelerating health care transformation. Help us deliver cutting-edge solutions for patients, hospitals and insurance companies, resulting in healthier communities. Use your talents to improve the health outcomes of millions of people and discover the meaning behind: Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Senior Accounts Receivable Specialist will follow up accounts receivables with insurance companies.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Research and re-bill unpaid claims
- Research and resolve accounts appearing on Follow-up Reports
- Make appropriate decisions and calls to carriers to maximize reimbursement on accounts to be worked
- Correct all errors on electronic error reports using all available information
- Meet current production, utilization, and quality standards
- Participates in trainings/meetings with Payers, internal departments, offshore partners, Client contact(s) and TES Management, etc. to address trends in denials or unprocessed claims
- Assists in identifying current and/or potential billing issues specific to outstanding receivable
- Presenting data to appropriate parties and partnering to develop resolutions
- Participates in daily production assignments that will continue to develop understanding and knowledge of processing guidelines and expectations of respective client(s) payer mix
- Ability to take patient phone calls and assist Customer Service when business needs arise
- Assist in other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of additional schooling/related work experience; including 1+ years of revenue cycle experience
- Solid customer service experience
- Intermediate to Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook
- System knowledge
- In depth knowledge of various insurance policies and procedures related to claim adjudication and payment processes
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proven excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven solid attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to represent the office/Organization in a positive manner; supports and encourages strong morale and spirit in his/her team
- Can marshal resources to complete tasks and orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goals
- Demonstratedbility to solve difficult problems in a timely manner with efficient resolutions
- Works well with others; ability to work with and communicate with individuals of varying disciplines
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The hourly range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $18.80 to $36.78. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.