AUTEC Business Cost Analyst - Project Accounting/ Finance Lead (22439)
Must currently work on existing AUTEC contract in order to be eligible for this position.
Looking for a fresh opportunity to jumpstart your career? Want the uniqueness of a new company but not the training wheels of a start-up? How about one of the newest companies on the street made up of legacy companies with over 100 years of operating experience? Amentum is a trusted partner to U.S. federal government agencies, allied governments and corporations worldwide supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment.
The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission support program provides operations, facilities, and maintenance support for the Navy with locations in Florida and the Bahamas. Come join the team that’s supporting America’s Navy!
Amentum is seeking a Business Cost Analyst in West Palm Beach, FL to work as part of a close knit team, as well as independently, to accomplish a range of functions as you support AUTEC. As a member of the team you will:
Learn and build upon the Amentum accounting and financial processes and procedures on the AUTEC Contract work.
Provide financial/business lead support in the areas of: project management, procurement, and contract performance measurement including policy interpretation, requirements analysis, planning and administration, cost estimating, contract and subcontract administration, proposal preparation and evaluation, control systems implementation, compliance reviews, performance monitoring, data analysis, risk assessment and status reporting.
Analyze contractor performance trends and prepare completion forecasts. Assist in the development of customer correspondence. Primary responsibilities will be budget management, EAC's, project controls, financial month close, pricing, invoicing and cash management.
Set pricing for Andros Island food, beverage and lodging services to achieve break even performance.
Lead the effort to prepare and submit all financial CDRL’s on the contract including:
Funds and labor hour expenditure reports, overall and by CLIN and CWBS
Technical Instruction expenditure and close out reports overall and by CLIN and CWBS
Subcontractor expenditure reports
Financial system journal entry reports to format project financial data in format required by the customer
Limitation of funds reports
Inventory gain/ loss reports
Damaged, missing lost or stolen reports
Food and Beverage Service Cost Analysis Reports
Lodging Service Cost Analysis Report
Financial portion of risk and opportunity management
Vessel maintenance and overhaul budgets and cost tracking reports
Capital investment budgets and cost tracking reports for equipment and facility investments
Supervise 2-4 accounting/ financial clerks in multiple locations (WPB/ Andros, Bahamas)
Ensure project team practices comply with Amentum financial and accounting standards and government regulations.
Prepare monthly summaries and presentations of activities for Program team, Amentum leadership and Customer use.
Support preparation of the Metrics and Data Collection Contract Status Report CDRL on a monthly basis.
Other duties as assigned.
- Must currently work on existing AUTEC contract in order to be eligible for this position.
- Must be a U.S citizen.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S government security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and experience with Deltek Costpoint, Maximo, Cognos and Hyperion software systems or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience for cost accounting and invoicing on Cost Plus Award Fee, Cost Reimbursement and Firm Fixed Price defense contracts.
- Experience preparing and presenting monthly performance summaries in PowerPoint for internal and customer use.
- Expertise with MS Office software suite including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Valid passport and driver’s license.
- Current Secret security clearance preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience managing all financial aspects of a technical services contract with cost in excess of $30M per year.
- Experience with business process improvement projects / leading continuous improvement efforts in the finance/ accounting area.
- Cash management experience, including with international banks.
- Earned value management experience (cost performance index).