RD Access & Reimbursement RLT Midwest - Remote - Indianapolis, IN
RD Access & Reimbursement RLT Midwest - Remote - Indianapolis, IN
Jan 26, 2024
About the Role
Location: Remote – Midwest
Getting patients the medicines they need presents a series of complex challenges that can only be overcome with curiosity, determination and the support of a strong, united team. Join us and you can be part of that team.
About the Role:
The Regional Director, Access & Reimbursement NPS (Novartis Patient Support) Radioligand Therapy Midwest geography. This is a remote & field-based role that covers the following, but not limited to: Milwaukee, WI, Detroit, MI, Chicago & Springfield, IL, Lexington, KY, & Nashville, TN. The individual must live within the geography and must be near major metropolitan airport; Travel, as required, and potentially on short notice.
The Regional Director (RD), Access & Reimbursement is a field-based role that serves as the regional lead for Novartis Radioligand Therapy (RLT) Novartis Patient Support (NPS) Access & Reimbursement field teams. RDs lead a team of diverse field access & reimbursement roles focused on supporting customers on all matters related to patient access to our evolving RLT portfolio. The RD will provide leadership, management and coaching, operations, compliance, and budget oversight for their aligned regions in support of aligned product(s) strategy and pre-specified business goals. The RD must maintain a national perspective in their decision-making, collaborate with other PSS and cross-functional RDs, and lead projects/initiatives at a national- and regional-level. RDs are responsible for linking business strategy with exquisite and compliant execution within their regions to deliver pre-specified impact for the Novartis Pharmaceutical Corporation (NPC). They are also responsible for consistent acceleration of appropriate pull through of aligned business objectives. RDs should consistently demonstrate openness for courageous conversations and performance management of their direct reports to enable and bolster a forward-thinking culture, while also driving overall business impact.
RDs will partner closely with other Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation (NPC) field and headquarter-based associates, including Customer Engagement (Sales) and Market Access, representing NPC with the highest integrity in accordance with NPC Values and Behaviors. RDs will also be required to coordinate and communicate cross-functionally within NPC (e.g., Patient Support Center, Customer Engagement, Marketing, Market Access, Public Affairs, State & Government Affairs, Trade, Specialty Pharmacy Account Management, and other applicable third-party affiliates). The scope and scale of the role will adapt to meet the expanding needs of Novartis in pursuit of enterprise impact.
• Attract, coach, and retain team of high performing Access & Reimbursement professionals.
• Provide frequent, ongoing performance feedback to all direct reports and foster a team oriented, supportive working environment.
o Create and nurture a team culture that embodies NPC Values and Behaviors and drives innovation, performance, and reputation. Seek to enhance your team’s work experience by inspiring them, encouraging curiosity, and leading without authority.
• Pull through national strategy at a regional level to enable exquisite execution. Under the advisement of their manager, RDs also may be responsible for leading specific national strategies and tactic development.
• Proactively anticipate and coach teams on how to address access hurdles impacting key customers and patients.
• Integrate with NPC leadership and collaborate across multi-functional teams (PSS, Customer Engagement, Marketing, Market Access, Operations, Training, Legal, Compliance, etc.) to ensure a collaborative and compliant approach to support regional field success.
o Seek to identify challenges, escalations, and/or delay in treatment initiation and continuation; closely partner with all matrix team members to resolve such issues.
• Understand specifics of, and resolve questions associated with, practice and/or patient reimbursement to support on any issues with third party payers.
• Identify opportunities to complement NPC capabilities to strengthen the ability for patients to have access to therapy.
• Maintain a deep understanding of NPC policies and requirements and perform all responsibilities with integrity and in a manner consistent with company guidance and prescribed Values and Behaviors. Handle Patient Identifiable Information (PII) appropriately (understand and ensure compliance with HIPPA and other privacy laws and regulations and internal Company compliance guidelines). This comes with the added accountability of ensure your teams are also adhering to NPC policies.
Novartis Compensation and Benefit Summary: The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $212,000.00 and $318,000.00/year; however, while salary ranges are effective from 1/1/24 through 12/31/24, fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges during this period. Further, final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to geographical location, experience level, knowledge, skills and abilities. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
Education: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred (Majors preferred: Sciences, Business, Pharmacy, and Healthcare)
• Minimum of 8 years in reimbursement, contract strategy (if applicable), managed care, sales/marketing or related field roles. At least 2 years leading a regional or local team and managing and collaborating across multiple stakeholders.
• Experience working with highly complex practices and/or health systems to establish access and acquisition pathways.
• Strategic account management experience using a proactive approach to anticipate access hurdles impacting accounts and patient access.
• Deep expertise and experience integrating manufacturer-sponsored patient support programs
• General knowledge of reimbursement pathways (specialty pharmacy, buy-and-bill, retail)
• Experience with specialty products acquired through specialty pharmacy networks and through buy-and-bill process, in-cluding expertise in acquisition, billing and coding, claims processing, and reimbursement
• Possess a strong understanding of Commercial payers, Medicare plans and state Medicaid in geographic region.
• Proven track record of building, and motivating teams, strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must live within assigned territory or near a major airport close to the geography; Travel, as required, and potentially on short notice
Why Novartis: Our purpose is to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people’s lives and our vision is to become the most valued and trusted medicines company in the world. How can we achieve this? With our people. It is our associates that drive us each day to reach our ambitions. Be a part of this mission and join us! Learn more here: https://www.novartis.com/about/strategy/people-and-culture
You’ll Receive: You can find everything you need to know about our benefits and rewards in the No-vartis Life Handbook. https://www.novartis.com/careers/benefits-rewards
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Net-work here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Field roles with a dedicated training period only:
The individual hired for this role will be required to successfully complete certain initial training, in-cluding home study, in eight (8) or fewer hours per day and forty (40) or fewer hours per week.
Driving is an essential function of this role, meaning it is fundamental to the purpose of this job and cannot be eliminated. Because driving is an essential function of the role, you must have a fully valid and unrestricted driver’s license to be qualified for this role. The company provides reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified individuals with medical restrictions if an accommodation can be provided without eliminating the essential function of driving.
No video provider was found to handle the given URL. See the documentation (https://www.drupal.org/node/2842927) for more information.
Novartis Patient Support
Company / Legal Entity