Manager- Financial Planning and Analysis
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Finance Organization.
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, improve systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
FP&A Corporate and Business Unit Team.
Move beyond compiling data and help tell the story behind the numbers. The Business Unit facing positions offer opportunities to drive better business partnering and insights, while growing your FP&A leadership and interpersonal skills. You are considered a business partner and your contributions will make a difference. You’ll become involved in, but not limited to, pricing decisions and new initiatives to develop new products and services. You can have an impact on new business growth opportunities through development of business case scenarios.
- Guiding the overall strategic and tactical direction for the team, including development and delivery of all financial planning and analysis for the business for WLS service revenue modelling.
- Managing a team of professionals that provide oversight of all aspects of the development and communication of executive reviews for Actuals, Business Plan, Commitment View, and Best View.
- Identifying complex business performance issues and present insights on the consolidated internal reports and external presentations.
- Ensuring the team executes on capital planning review/analysis and provide guidance on optimal use of cash.
- Being a trusted advisor providing valuable decision support and guidance to executive management.
- Providing strategic financial and operational insights utilizing recurring performance reports, ad-hoc analysis, performance reviews, and PxQ analysis.
- Partnering with Center of excellence to establish service level agreements and drive continuous improvements.
- Evaluating business trends and assess monthly and quarterly business performance in driving strategic business analysis.
- Advising on risk and opportunity considerations for managing cost and growing the revenue and profitability.
- Recommending planning and business performance issues to define and execute action plans.
- Identifying and assessing cost and effect patterns in the business not collected in existing reporting.
- Performing monthly performance review of business unit initiatives and find opportunities for improvement.
- Providing decision support and guidance; lead ad-hoc presentation development and executive review.
- Building and using digital tools to drive efficiency and effectiveness.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in SQL.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Master's in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- A certification (e.g. CPA, CMA).
- Good strategic and analytical capability, including the ability to analyze a large amount of data.
- Good strategic skills, with the ability to identify and assess key points, implications and recommendations; proven ability to structure business case around a high-level strategic vision.
- Knowledge of FASB and SEC requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, tax reporting and accounting practices and International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Knowledge of report query and design.
- Good communication skills and ability to focus on the details.
- Experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis and project management.
- Experience in Essbase, Smart View, Data Warehouse, ThoughtSpot, Allteryx/Knime, Qlik, Smartsheets, and other digital tools.
- Experience in Anaplan.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.