Finance Manager – Planning and Forecasting
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Move beyond compiling data and help tell the story behind the numbers. The Capital Reporting team is responsible for delivering consolidated capital results for both incurred and cash capex to Sr. Leaders. This role will lead the monthly close process for VZ enterprise-wide incurred consolidated capital results and will be a key thought leader for the future design of incurred reporting. You will be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all reporting related to incurred capex, including, but not limited to, owning the reporting close process, articulating results and key drivers for both actuals and forecasts to Sr. Leaders.
- Being the SME for incurred results and the reporting tool (DCAT). Lead the monthly close and consolidation process and ensure timely completion and delivery of materials.
- Overseeing the budget process and outlook process.
- Developing an expectation of the monthly OL and reconcile capex movements (transfers, increases and decreases) against the approved CV or OL.
- Being a thought leader for the transfer process and drive efficiency, including, but not limited to, development of digital tools, into the process.
- Leading the monthly results prep call with FP&A teams from around the organization. Build relationships with key stakeholders and ensure that we are able to “see around the corner” for potential impacts to the incurred OL.
- Owning the Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) controls related to incurred capex reporting.
- Partnering with the control evaluator and internal and external auditors to complete annual SOX requirements on time and answer questions as needed. Oversee delivery of testing data and supporting documents.
- Being a thought leader for Capital Reporting (both incurred and cash). Help answer the question, “What does the future of Capital Reporting look like?” Be a thought leader on other key projects including Hierarchy Editor and Workflow Tool.
- Ad hoc statistical and analytics projects as needed.
- Ad hoc (or recurring) incurred capex related materials for the Board of Directors (BoD) and the executing Council for Capital Management (Project Council).
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis and project management.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA, FPAC).
- Analytical ability, including the ability to analyze a large amount of data and interpret and untangle complex financial relationships and models.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to lead through difficult conversations.
- Strong strategic skills, with the ability to identify and assess key points, implications and recommendations; proven ability to deliver key messages to Sr. Leaders both verbally and in presentations.
- Knowledge ofdata visualization tools such as Qlik and Tableau.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.