Finance Manager Financial Planning and Analysis
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
Chief Digital and Informational Officer - Financial Planning and Analysis Team
As part of the consolidations team, you will be supporting the Global Technology Solutions organization in maximizing the value that can be delivered to the business units within the financial constraints of the organization.
This includes annual financial planning, quarterly outlooks, monthly budget vs actuals analysis, and ad-hoc activities to support informed business decisions. The team manages both capital and expense-related spending and provides strategic insights and guidance.
Time reporting for full-time employees, time and material contractors, third-party statement of work contracts, hardware and software procurement, building and facilities are large parts of the organization spend. Accounting treatments, contract analysis, and business processes are also areas of involvement for the Financial Planning and Analysis team.
Financial Planning and Analysis- Corporate and Business Unit Team
Move beyond compiling data and help tell the story behind the numbers. The Business Unit facing positions offer opportunities to drive better business partnering and insights, while growing your Financial Planning and Analysis leadership and interpersonal skills. You are considered a business partner and your contributions will make a difference. You'll become involved in, but not limited to, pricing decisions and new initiatives to develop new products and services. You can have an impact on new business growth opportunities through the development of business case scenarios.
- Owning the development and communication of the plan and forecast, financial reporting, operational analysis, and executive reviews for Actuals, Business Plan, Commitment View, and Best View.
- Evaluating business results and serving as a functional specialist to the business client to provide strategic guidance and insights during the analysis process.
- Serving as a Subject Matter Expert to complex business performance issues to define and execute action plans.
- Accountable for making decisions and recommendations to ensure the quality and delivery of all the products and services.
- Interpreting and evaluating monthly analyses of business trends, including budget variance of financial results and Key Performance Indicators to identify areas of risk and opportunities and provide recommendations.
- Partnering with the business to develop costing/profitability models and reports.
- Assessing the impact of strategic financial decisions and presenting recommendations to leadership.
- Designing, developing, and implementing methods and strategies to continually improve processes.
- Assessing customer/product profitability and driving profit optimization.
- Developing and accessing business cases for pricing on investment decisions, providing insights and support to the business.
- Assessing capital requirements, developing capital planning, and providing recommendations on capital allocation.
- Presenting and communicating to all levels of the business.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics, or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Master's in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Experience in the technology and/or telecommunications industry.
- A professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA).
- A high degree of analytical capability with the proven ability to structure business cases around a high-level strategic vision.
- Strong strategic skills, with the proven ability to identify and assess key points, implications, and recommendations.
- An advanced understanding of corporate financial planning, reporting & analysis, and costing/profitability methodologies and processes.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of common business and cost drivers, financial statement analysis, and deep-dive analysis.
- Knowledge of FASB and SEC requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, tax reporting and accounting practices, and International Financial Reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis, and project management.
- Proficiency in Essbase, Smart View, Hyperion Planning, and Hyperion Strategic Finance.
- Experience leading large and complex team projects with minimal direct supervision.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.