Finance Manager Optum CA - Remote (111069554)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Finance Manager is responsible for the management and development of operating costs projections and consolidation of financials across our various entities. The position will work with key leaders to ensure sound financial analysis and appropriate financial and operating controls are in place.
Ability to work remotely in a telecommute capacity.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial packages with an understanding of variances
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in conjunction with budgeting and forecasting process
- Lead ad hoc projects that drive efficiencies and savings and ultimately increase bottom line profitability
- Continually develop and refine internal financial modeling and process improvements
- Act as subject matter expert on the supported market & apply in-depth knowledge of the business for recommendations to management
- Solid financial, analytical, and business acumen
- Generate innovative approaches and solutions to business opportunities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Assertive, self-starting personality with a customer service attitude
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 5+ years of progressive financial planning and analysis experience
- Experience prioritizing & managing demanding workloads with concurrent deadlines
- Trusted advisor and partner to those we serve in the business
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- MBA or CPA
- Supervisory experience
- Project management or process improvement experience
- Healthcare experience
- Hyperion Essbase and PeopleSoft experience
- Solid analytical skills and business acumen
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.