Vice President and Market Finance Lead - Seattle or Everett, WA (111762231)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Optum is one of the largest and fastest-growing integrated care delivery networks in the nation. We’re looking for a business-savvy finance leader to join our growing Finance team in the Pacific Northwest!
We are looking for a finance leader that will serve as a Key Advisor to all of the business leads of our growing portfolio of integrated care delivery businesses in Washington. The role will focus intensely on strategic issues, annual and quarterly planning, evaluating and improvement of financial performance.
This position reports to the Regional CFO of OptumCare Pacific Northwest and will work closely with the entire regional finance, clinical & operations teams. This leader will have responsibility for building upon an existing team supporting multiple distinct business units.
If you are located within WA, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead the integration of finance teams across the market while owning market financial and operational initiatives
- Lead the entire finance function (strategic plan, forecast, budget, analytics, management reporting, initiatives)
- Partner with external affairs understanding economic, business, operational and financial conditions and their impact on the market and on performance
- Partner with regional and national resources to align physician compensation with strategic objectives and long-term growth plans
- Support negotiations of commercial and government contracts managing the transition from FFS to value-based contracting (including risk, quality incentives and capitation arrangements)
- Work closely with healthcare economics, actuarial and accounting while developing a highly engaged and high performing finance function
- Broader responsibilities include:
- Strategic Plan
- Operating plan
- Analytics (growth, management decisions, and variance)
- Growth strategy & business development (group & IPA)
- Real estate & capital
- Team leadership
- Financial Reporting (Management)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 8+ years of regional or corporate level CFO experience at a plan, hospital or medical group
- Risk-based experience
- Experience driving financial & systems integration
- Cross-functional experience (contracting, business development, capital)
- Demonstrated team leadership and management experience
- Demonstrated ability to build financial capabilities
- Management consulting experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Vice President and Market Finance Lead, VP Finance and Regional CFO, OptumCare, Seattle, WA, Washington, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote