Associate Director of Finance - Telecommute (112166933)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Associate Finance Director is responsible for various financial functions including business analytics, annual planning and quarterly forecasting, metrics reporting and ad-hoc analysis. This person will also create in-depth financial models and analysis of company financial and operational metrics to evaluate and influence numerous aspects of the company's business performance.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Build financial models and bridges to generate annual financial plans and quarterly forecasts
- Monthly analysis of gross margin, SGA, identifying trends, variances and potential performance opportunities
- Partner with leadership to closely monitor cost, present results, and recommend solutions
- Create and facilitate routine and adhoc financial reporting, timely and accurately
- Lead a team of analysts in a fast paced and high performing environment
- Proactively identify and solve process improvement opportunities
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and business initiatives
- Develop and track annual/quarterly FTE plans/forecasts
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 7+ years of progressive financial planning and analysis experience
- 2+ years of people leadership experience
- Experience prioritizing & managing demanding workloads with concurrent deadlines
- Knowledge of GAAP, fundamental financial concepts and procedures
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, VLookups, Macros)
- Intermediate level of proficiency with PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Finance or master’s degree
- UnitedHealth Group or Optum FP&A experience
- PeopleSoft, Essbase, advanced excel and financial database and modeling skills
- Ability to manage and synthesize large amounts of data
- Solid analytical skills and business acumen
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work on several projects concurrently
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Trusted advisor and partner to those we serve in the business
- Natural curiosity to learn more, dig into details, understand key drivers of our business
- Assertive, self-starting personality with a customer service attitude
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Ability to act decisively and proactively, anticipating change, and modify plans/timetables as needed
- Ability to use proper discretion when dealing with confidential information exhibiting a high level of integrity
- Solid aptitude for financial modeling
- Solid communication skills and ability to present complex financial information to executives
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.