Senior Finance Manager – Planning & Forecasting
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, improve systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
FP&A Corporate and Business Unit Team
Move beyond compiling data and help tell the story behind the numbers. The Business Unit facing positions offer opportunities to drive better business partnering and insights, while growing your FP&A leadership and interpersonal skills. You are considered a business partner and your contributions will make a difference. You’ll become involved in, but not limited to, pricing decisions and new initiatives to develop new products and services. You can have an impact on new business growth opportunities through development of business case scenarios.
- Guide the overall strategic and tactical direction for the team, including development and delivery of all financial planning & analysis for the business.
- Manage a team of professionals that provide oversight of all aspects of the development and communication of executive reviews for Actuals, Business Plan, Commitment View, and Best View.
- Identify complex business performance issues and present insights on the consolidated internal reports and external presentations.
- Ensure the team successfully executes on capital planning review/analysis and provide guidance on optimal use of cash.
- Be a trusted advisor providing valuable decision support and guidance to executive management.
- Provide strategic financial and operational insights utilizing recurring performance reports, ad-hoc analysis and performance reviews.
- Partner with Center of Excellence to establish service level agreements and drive continuous improvements.
- Evaluate business trends and assess monthly and quarterly business performance in driving strategic business analysis.
- Advise on risk and opportunity considerations for managing cost and growing the revenue and profitability.
- Recommend planning and business performance issues to define and execute action plans.
- Identify and assess cost and effect patterns in the business not collected in existing reporting.
- Perform monthly performance review of business unit initiatives and find opportunities for improvement.
- Provide decision support and guidance; lead ad-hoc presentation development and executive review.
What you’ll be doing...
Where you’ll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Management experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Master's in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- A professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA).
- High degree of strategic and analytical capability, including the ability to analyze a large amount of data.
- Strong strategic skills, with the ability to identify and assess key points, implications and recommendations; proven ability to structure business case around a high-level strategic vision.
- Knowledge of FASB and SEC requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, tax reporting and accounting practices and International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Advanced understanding of report query and design.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to focus on the details.
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis and project management.
- Familiar with Essbase, Smart View, Hyperion Planning, and Hyperion Strategic Finance.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.