Manager - Commercial Finance
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Commercial Finance organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, leveraging new technology such as AI at scale, data mining for deep insight and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading finance practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any finance professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
The Business Units facing position offers opportunities closely observing, interpreting and responding to the ever changing competitive landscape and market dynamics, to derive insights and influence business decisions through business partnering and insights while growing your leadership and interpersonal skills. You will be a business partner working with BU to lead the development of the promo portfolio and business cases for mobile post-paid at the cusp of new technology adoption. You will participate/facilitate/lead the strategic investment evaluation with VCG C-suites executives weekly, present to the most senior leaders in Marketing, Sale Operations and Finance. Your leadership and contributions will make a difference!
This team is responsible for preparing financial and economic analysis for senior management to determine the viability of multi-billion dollars of device promotions, customer incentives and other investment initiatives. You will leverage a thorough understanding of Verizon Consumer Group's financials and operations in order to make the best-informed decisions possible. Also, this position requires independent interacting with multiple Headquarter departments, marketing teams and area sales & Ops within the company, representing the Promotion and Investment team.
- Developing financial models & assumptions for retention promotion offers, perform both quantitative and qualitative analysis to evaluate the profitability and shareholder value of customer acquisition and retention initiatives.
- Analyzing the financial profitability of new and existing products and services through the development of business cases and Net Present Value models.
- Supporting the financial analysis and business case requirements of investment initiatives impacting revenue and promotional cost that are proposed by various departments.
- Performing rate of return and economic analysis for ad hoc business issues.
- Preparing and presents financial presentation materials and formal business case documents to the most senior leadership teams regularly.
- Preparing post mortem analysis and derive deep insights for decision support.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
This position must sit out of one of the defined Finance Hub locations.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of investment decision theory.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- B.S. or B.A. in a suitable quantitative field (Finance, Accounting, Economics, etc.).
- Five or more years of experience with emphasis in Analysis and Planning, experience in Business Development, Strategic Planning or Marketing.
- Knowledge of the telecommunication industry and understanding of key industry metrics and wireless financial and operational drivers.
- Analytical and financial modelling skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Strong analytical, organizational and motivational skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter with collaboration skills.
- Problem solving and negotiating skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in data analytics.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
“This role may be considered as part of the Department of Defense SkillBridge Program."
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.