Finance Transformation BI Reporting Manager
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
- Supporting the Finance Transformation Management office Reporting Strategy team by working with the Business to understand business processes, potential data / technology requirements and solutions to help drive efficiency and effectiveness within the business.
- Partnering with IT to develop and implement Digital solutions to streamline data and reporting, while improving business insights.
- Evaluating system integrations, data flows, current data models and data architecture to formulate improved ways of working to include partnering with IT on new data models and architecture.
- Supporting the development, architecting, standardizing of technology platforms using Industry leading BI / Reporting solutions.
- Interacting directly with end users and becoming a subject matter expert in order to architect and design our solutions and drive insights using your strong data visualization experience.
- Leading teams and work with a large number of stakeholders in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Developing designs that leverage existing assets as well as structure client related data collection for broader use across business, where needed.
- Supporting adherence to Verizon’s governance processes as new solutions are evaluated, scoped and prioritized to maximize appropriate usage, as well as data quality controls relating to data assets.
Where you'll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of database experience.
- Experience in Dimensional modelling.
- Three or more years of experience with Qlik Sense or QlikView.
- Three or more years of experience with SAP Business Objects or other SAP BI.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Degreed in Computer Science, Management Information Systems.
- Experience in a wide variety of BI tools, such as Tableau, Thoughtspot, Essbase, Looker.
- Experience in working with extremely large data volumes.
- Experience in the creation of Extension objects using Qlik Capability APIs and QLIK Engine API.
- Knowledge of data warehousing methodologies and ETL processing in tools.
- Experience in working in a big data environment.
- Knowledge of Finance background and Financial Data.
- Experience in data reporting and visualization with the ability to tell a story and drive analytics solutions.
- Ability to work with business users to gather requirements and manage scope.
- Good Collaboration, Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to gain training/certification in designated technologies.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.