Manager – Finance Business Transformation
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we continue to build a digitally savvy world-class Finance organization. Our team is set up to lead a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance and adopt new technologies, realign the organization to make Finance more effective and efficient. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading Finance practices leveraging digital tools and simplifying our systems and data landscape within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any Finance professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
This role will support the Finance Transformation Management Office. Our Digital Program/Project Managers will interact with Finance personnel across all lines of business, IT (Information Technology) and third Parties on a regular basis. The successful candidate will also forge relationships with members of our Human Resources, Marketing, Operations and Real Estate teams. Our team has a special seat at the table with a view of the entire Finance landscape, executive sponsorship and the ability to play the “challenger” role to drive Verizon Finance into the “best in class” organization.
- Driving Programs/Projects from ideation to change management (beginning to end), to ensure sustainability of the processes (including business case write up, reporting on status, documentation of process flows, testing, training, hyper care).
- Continually prioritizing/re-prioritizingprojects, identifying dependencies and managing/reporting risks and issues, escalating to leadership as necessary.
- Responsible for mapping and designing processes, monitoring and driving the change. Decidingand drivingstandards across Verizon Finance.
- Providingsponsorship, processing design oversight and assessment of relevant metrics and process operations, focusing on quality assurance and continuing process integrity.
- Establishingglobal policy and ensuringcompliance with the global policy.
- Supporting/Leading areas of major programs across Verizon such as system implementations and decommissions.
- Bringing teams together to understand each areas perspective to drive forward program/project for the increased value across Verizon Finance.
- Supporting the larger programs such as Consolidating General Ledgers (1ERP), Consolidating Revenue Reporting (1REVCLOSE), E2E process related to accounting.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Management experience.
- Experience in Spreadsheets (ex. Excel) and Presentation Software (ex. Google Slides, PowerPoint).
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Master's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics or Data Science/Analytics.
- A professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA, PMP).
- Management Consulting and Project Management experience.
- Experience in the design and implementation of financial systems and applications.
- Knowledge and technical acumen for the analysis of business results.
- Experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis, and managing large-scale, complex projects.
- Experience in various systems/tools such as Smartsheets, Qlik, Essbase/SmartView, Oracle EPM, SAP S4/HANA, Knime, Alteryx, SQL and/or other leading systems and reporting tools.
- Driven and self-motivating attitude and excellent communication/presentation skills with the ability lead/manage multiple stakeholders across the organization.
- Experience as a people leader.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
This role may be considered as part of the Department of Defense SkillBridge Program.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.