Compliance Fellowship, US HH Finance (Hybrid) – Hiring Our Heroes
We are honored to be a sponsor of Hiring Our Heroes and proud to offer transitioning service members this opportunity to gain professional experience in a 12-week fellowship program.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.
Our Finance team applies financial and analytical frameworks to strategic and tactical decision making. We use state-of-the-art techniques for financial analysis, planning, accounting, reporting and evaluation. This allows the organization to continue advancing medical innovation and improve lives. Within the US Human Health Finance team, our Compliance group ensures that our organization remains compliant with applicable regulations and Company policies. We are responsible for providing best-in-class compliance support, including governance of Standard Operating Procedures, audit and monitoring activities, training, risk assessments, and implementation of risk mitigation strategies.
Your Fellowship Project
We are seeking an energetic and motivated individual to be a core member of the US Human Health Finance Compliance team. By joining the Compliance team individuals will gain an understanding of how the Company is fulfilling its purpose of inventing medicines to improve people’s lives. The internship will allow individuals to gain knowledge on Company products, the US healthcare systems, payors, regulatory, compliance, finance and other risks while working closely with our business stakeholders and other functional areas.
As part of your Fellowship, you will have the opportunity to partner cross-functionally with Compliance, Legal, Finance, and HR professionals to ensure successful refresh and deployment of our annual Government Pricing Knowledge Training, which is being deployed on a new platform this year. The course is an integral part of our Compliance Plan and launches annually to 400+ employees. The purpose of the course is to communicate important information around government pricing and how employees’ activities can impact price reporting. The course reviews all of the government pricing programs (i.e. Medicaid, Medicare, Federal Supply Schedule, Tricare, and 340B) as well as the federal laws governing the integrity of price reporting. Additionally, as part of your Fellowship you will have an opportunity to enhance and streamline other departmental trainings and processes.
This is an unmatched opportunity to obtain exposure to Compliance in a highly complex regulatory market. You will be given the opportunity to challenge and grow your talents through on-the-job training and development of interpersonal and leadership skills.
The intent of the fellowship is to expose you to organizational and process expertise that enables teams to navigate the complexity of the US regulatory requirements, development, corporate governance, and business requirements, and to understand the importance of collaborating effectively with functional areas and support functions, to facilitate project delivery.
Benefits of Fellowship
- Broad exposure to Finance, Legal, HR, and Compliance teams
- Direct experience as a core member of the Compliance team, and visibility to Finance and Compliance leaders
- Mentoring and networking opportunities within the department and across various functions
Experience/Skills We are Looking for:
- Passion and intellectual curiosity with respect to healthcare industry
- Interest in learning about Finance, Compliance and the regulatory environment within the pharma industry
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; concentration in Accountancy or Finance but all business majors will be considered
- Demonstrated leadership and ethics; demonstrated ability to hold others accountable for delivery
- Sound and balanced judgment, with the ability to assess and manage risk and quickly drive decisions
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team setting, including experience building and leading teams, accomplishing goals, etc.
- Strong collaboration and problem-solving skills; able to establish good working relationships with employees at all levels, resolve conflict and provide feedback, and to devise and implement creative solutions to problems
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written; demonstrated ability to speak up appropriately and to raise issues to teams and management
- Highly organized and capable of working with attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and ability to work in ambiguous situations with minimal supervision, prioritize activities and manage multiple tasks within deadlines
- Strategic/critical thinking
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); data analytics experience preferred.
Primary Work Site/Schedule
- Hybrid schedule (onsite/remote). 2-3 days in office (Upper Gwynedd, PA).
Requirement: Transitioning Service Members who is participating in the Hiring Our Heroes Corporate Fellowship Program