Finance Manager - Financial Planning & Analysis
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We're finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
Verizon Value Segment FP&A
This role will support the Value segment Commercial Finance analytics and Consolidation reporting. You will be responsible for preparing financial and economic analysis for senior management to determine the profitability of our different customer types, initiatives, and offers. You will leverage a thorough understanding of Verizon financials and operations in order to make the best-informed decisions possible. This position requires independently interacting with multiple Business departments, including Marketing, Sales, Product, and Customer Experience Teams. The primary accountabilities associated with the position include:
- Developing financial models, tools and corresponding assumptions used to evaluate the profitability and shareholder value of customer acquisition and retention initiatives.
- Analyzing the financial profitability of Value segment Brand promotions through the development of business cases with multiple scenarios.
- Considering customer implications of business decisions and potential impacts to Net Promoter Scores (NPS) over time.
- Partnering with teams throughout the business to leverage digital finance tools to disseminate insights and to create better informed business cases.
- Preparing financial presentation materials and formal business case documents for use with senior management.
- Presenting and communicating to all levels of the business.
- Preparing and, maintaining monthly consolidated analyses and providing variance commentary for Actuals vs Budget, Forecast and Best Views- for business financial results and Key Performance Indicators to be used in management reviews.
- Managing on-time deliverables with willingness for process improvements.
- Partnering with cross-functional teams including Marketing, Commercial, CX, Operations, GTS, and VCG Finance.
- Having an impact on new business growth opportunities through development of business case scenarios.
- Managing well through ambiguity, can make autonomous decisions.
- Using financial modelling skills to help make decisions on optimal investments across portfolio of brands.
- Performing change management and cross functional collaboration.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Statistics, Math or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Financial analysis and modelling.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Master's in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or Economics and/or a professional certification (e.g. CPA, CFA, CMA).
- Experience in the technology and/or telecommunications industry.
- A high degree of analytical capability with the proven ability to structure business case around a high-level strategic vision.
- Strong strategic skills, with the proven ability to identify and assess key points, implications and recommendations.
- Understanding of corporate financial planning, reporting & analysis, and costing/profitability methodologies and processes.
- Experience in depth understanding of common business and cost drivers, financial statement analysis, and deep-dive analysis.
- Knowledge of FASB and SEC requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, tax reporting and accounting practices and International Financial Reporting.
- Experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis and project management.
- Experience in Python, SQL, Tableau, Essbase, Smart View, Hyperion Planning, or Hyperion Strategic Finance.
- Experience in leading large and complex team projects with minimal direct supervision.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.