Manager - Finance Business Transformation
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we continue to build a digitally savvy world-class Finance organization. Our team is set up to lead a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance and adopt new technologies, and realign the organization to make Finance more effective and efficient. We're finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading Finance practices leveraging digital tools and simplifying our systems and data landscape within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any Finance professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
This role will support the Finance Transformation Management Office. Our Digital Program/Project Managers will interact with Finance personnel across all lines of business, IT (Information Technology), and 3rd Parties on a regular basis. The successful candidate will also forge relationships with members of our Human Resources, Marketing, Operations, and Real Estate teams. Our team has a special seat at the table with a view of the entire Finance landscape, executive sponsorship, and the ability to play the "challenger" role to drive Verizon Finance into the "best in class" organization.
- Driving Programs/Projects from ideation to change management (beginning to end), to ensure the sustainability of the processes (including business case write-up, reporting on status, documentation of process flows, testing, training, and hyper care).
- Prioritizing/re-prioritize projects, identifying dependencies, and managing/reporting risks and issues, escalating to leadership as necessary.
- Mapping and designing processes, monitoring and driving the change. Decides and drives standards across Verizon Finance.
- Providing sponsorship, process design oversight, and assessment of relevant metrics and process operations, focusing on quality assurance and continuing process integrity.
- Establishing global policy and ensuring compliance with the global policy.
- Supporting/Lead areas of major programs across Verizon such as system implementations and decommissions.
- Bringing teams together to understand each area's perspective to drive forward the program/project for increased value across Verizon Finance.
- Leading finance support of Consolidating General Ledgers (1ERP), as well as supporting the larger programs such as Consolidating Revenue Reporting (1REVCLOSE), ESG Reporting, Clean up a,nd Management of Master Data (1Data).
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Management Information Systems, Data Science/Analytics, Project Management or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Spreadsheets (ex. Excel) and Presentation Software (ex. Google Slides, PowerPoint).
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Master's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Data Science/Analytics.
- Experience in various systems/tools such as Smartsheets, Qlik, Essbase/Smartview, Oracle EPM, SAP S4/HANA, Knime, Alteryx, SQL and/or other leading systems and reporting tools.
- A professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA, PMP).
- Experience in the design and implementation of financial systems and applications, as well as advanced knowledge and technical acumen for the analysis of business results.
- Experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis, and managing large-scale, complex projects.
- Driven and self-motivating attitude and excellent communication/presentation skills with the ability to lead/manage multiple stakeholders across the organization.
- Experience as a people leader is a plus.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.