SAP Finance (FI/CO) Functional Consultant
As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly complex application components and integrating software packages using various tools. You will use a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into our clients' business environment and achieve business results.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This position is expected to provide expert level business process guidance on Navy ERP’s SAP requirements and design. This position requires experience in designing/configuring business processes in SAP FI/CO to automate the management and external reporting of general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and cash management; manage posting periods and period end closing; and enable open and integrated data flow between financial account and the other components of the SAP system.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
At least Ten (10) or more years of SAP experience. Possesses Subject Matter Expert (SME) experience in one or more functional/module area, specifially Finance and Controlling (FI/CO). Knowledge of and experience with DoD and specifically Navy ERP preferred. Requires strong organization and communication skills. Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments. May supervise others. Experience in software development lifecycle surrounding requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, documentation, test (unit, functional, integration, regression, stress, and user acceptance), implementation, and post production support of standard and custom business solutions supporting SAP FI/CO modules (in a Tier 3 environment) is preferred.
Minimum Education: Bachelors Degree in a recognized technical, engineering, scientific, managerial, business, or other discipline related to area of expertise. An additional four (4) years of relevant experience may be substituted for the Bachelors Degree.
- Federal experience required (DoD experience preferred)
- DoD clearance required (must be clearable)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years FI/CO experience
- Experience in post go-live production support and break/fix
- Focus on customer service and responsiveness, with sound customer handling skills
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
US Citizenship Required.
Being You @ IBM