Co-Op: Commercial Finance, Power Connections - Mobility Group - Carol Stream, IL
What you’ll do:
Eaton’s Mobility Group, Power Connections business is currently seeking a Commercial Finance Co-Op to join our team.
We make the electric revolution work. Every day, we work to improve people’s lives and the environment by making power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable.
Preparing for the electrified future of mobility takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Our team is collaborating with companies to innovate the transportation technologies of the future, creating efficient vehicles that travel faster, farther, higher and safer at a lower overall cost to the consumer and the environment.
Eaton’s Power Connection business has a cooperative employment opportunity for students pursuing a degree in Finance & Accounting or Business Administration.
The objective of this program is to develop your technical and analytical skills in Sales and other Commercial Financial Analysis, through a practical experience, and assist in your personal development of leadership competencies through training, networking and coaching. During the program you will provide services to support the Commercial Finance and Key Projects development of our dynamic and exciting Eaton Power Connections business through an assignment as Sales and Commercial Finance Co-op.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this co-op program your assignment may include:
- Supporting the Sales & Commercial Finance Analyst in providing analysis for short term and long-term pricing adjustments, Top line analysis (sales mix, sales by product and by customer).
- Profitability reporting by customer, product line and part number to the Standard Manufacturing level.
- Support in any Fix-the-tail initiatives.
- Supports sales month end actuals and forecast (demand) process.
- Supports the Sales and Commercial Analyst on the profit plan.
- Assisting to interface with Supply Chain group in analyzing surcharges or inflationary increases, determine recovery and assessing the impact on the profitability.
- Supports on the catalogue quotes and conducting a pricing review for off the shelf parts order.
- Participate in any continuous improvement projects/initiatives as necessary.
All co-op assignments may have additional responsibilities as assigned.
Our co-op program provides you with great exposure to Eaton Mobility Group Supply Chain and would prepare you for a potential opportunity to join a Supply Chain or operations role within Eaton upon graduation.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Actively enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in Finance and Accounting or Business Administration, at an accredited institution
- Must have a combined GPA of 2.5 or higher (please do not round)
- Must complete his/her bachelor’s degree in 2024.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office specifically Excel
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship on a continual permanent basis.
- Relocation is not provided for this role, the candidate must be located within 50 miles of Carol Stream, IL.
- Experience in automotive industry
- Experience with Continuous Improvement projects
- Proficiency in Power BI is a plus.
- Actively enrolled in a bachelor’s degree in finance and accounting from an accredited institution.
- Finance and/or Business knowledge and experience. Knowledge in pricing and profitability analysis will be essential.
- Must leverage good communication, analytical and PC skills with the ability to problem solve quickly and effectively.
- Self-motivated and possessing a drive for results.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.