Financial Planning and Analysis Project Lead
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Reshaping the future of FP&A at Verizon calls for improving our ability to deliver exceptional value to our internal FP&A customers. Being a part of the Financial Planning and Analytics Services (FPAS) organization, you will work alongside finance and process improvement professionals, gaining opportunities to grow and develop to build a strong FP&A foundation.
You’ll provide project management expertise and leadership to help drive projects to successful completion. You’ll partner with stakeholders in the Financial Planning and Analytics Services (FPAS) team, other Finance and technical organizations to understand project requirements and translate them into actionable plans. You will also be responsible for developing and implementing standards and processes to assist the FPAS in the successful implementation of initiatives and management of the overall portfolio.
- Identification and analysis of business requirements and process improvements in collaboration with Corporate, Business Unit, Corporate Shared Services and/or Service Delivery teams.
- Generate and execute detailed plans for the implementation of process and system improvement initiatives.
- Collaborate with FP&A and technical stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of initiatives.
- Facilitate stakeholder management throughout the life cycle of initiatives.
- Lead teams in the successful definition of requirements and success criteria.
- Coordinate testing with business users of functional requirements (e.g., user acceptance testing, regression testing) and collaborate with the Corporate Systems Group (CSG) to resolve discrepancies.
- Develop and assist with executing training sessions for stakeholder on the utilization of newly implemented processes and/or systems.
- Facilitate post-mortem assessments to drive continuous improvement and incorporate results into business processes, system improvements and project management best practices.
- Develop and implement project management best practices for the organization.
- Assist with project intake, project portfolio management and governance.
Where you’ll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint or similar Google Suite tools.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, or Information Science.
- Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills with the ability to focus on details.
- Experience in the Finance technology and/or telecommunications industry.
- PMP or Agile certifications.
- Demonstrated success leading projects from initiation through implementation.
- Experience with Smartsheet, Microsoft Project, or similar project management tool.
- Six Sigma certification, or in the process of achieving certification.
- Knowledge of Essbase, Smart View, Hyperion Planning, S4HANA, Oracle EPM, or similar planning and reporting applications.
- Advanced knowledge of process and business systems improvements and implementation.
- Experience or knowledge in Qlik, Alteryx, Knime, HPALM, Smartsheet, Jira, SQL or other similar tools.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.