Chief Solutions Architect - Financial Analytics
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Looking for a Financial Analytics Chief Solution Architect within the Financial Planning & Analytics Services Organization to support the Financial Analytics strategy of the future. The Architect will be responsible for solutioning the future of Financial Analytics solutions leveraging the North Star Architecture for Finance.
- A Thought Leader on how Finance will change over the next decade. Understand how the Architecture of Financial solution stack is evolving. Envision what this would mean for the Finance jobs of the future.
- Help migrate the financial analytics professionals to tools of the future through right sized training, while lowering the barrier of technology and data.
- Understand the evolution of new trends and technologies in data engineering, business intelligence and advanced analytics and how they can potentially help financial analysis and decision making.
- Be an advisor to the Financial Analytics leader on evolving industry trends in Financial Analytics and Data.
- Explain how these trends could have a disruptive impact on Finance and what it would mean to team Verizon.
- Experiment new techniques and make incremental progress working with each finance team with the goal of achieving improved efficiency and incremental value.
- Help translate cross-functional business requirements into technical requirements to ensure data meets the technical needs to develop data products.
- Effectively partner with Artificial Intelligence and Data (AI&D) and Global Technology Solutions (GTS) organizations.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of cloud powered analytics solutions.
- Experience as a Solution Architect.
- Experience in Finance or supporting Finance teams.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master’s degree in Finance or any data discipline.
- A broad view of emerging trends within the analytics industry space and how they apply to Financial Analytics.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge on advanced technology concepts like Teradata, Big Data, Hadoop, Hive, Cloud, etc.
- Understanding of all facets of data including data engineering, data products, analysis, visualization, predictive analytics and prescriptive analytics.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving experience, with the ability to break-down a problem into its components and solve it using subjective and objective techniques.
- Hands on experience with Google Cloud, APIs and data solutions on google cloud.
- Experience working in modern Data Warehouse using current technologies and services.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and understanding of Telecommunication data sets– Wireline, Wireless & Network data set.
- Proven experience in driving change with the goal of achieving results in smaller increments while aiming for the north star transformation goal
- Proactive problem-solving capabilities.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.