Human Capital Partner, Optum Financial - Eden Prairie, MN or Telecommute
Here, you'll help attract, lead, support and reward our most valuable asset: our high caliber people. Here, you're expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and to develop your skills. Be prepared to move quickly, to engage proactively, and to think strategically. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Human Capital Partner will help shape and execute the Human Capital and talent strategies for UnitedHealth Group, creating a wealth of opportunity for an experienced human capital strategic partner to contribute across a broad range of priorities, including culture building, workforce strategy, organization effectiveness, talent agenda, leadership bench strength, and employee experience.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S., preferably in Eden Prairie, MN, as you take on some tough challenges.
- Consulting Agility: Customizes Human Resource solutions that align with and address specific business strategies, structures, and challenges. Collaborates with leadership to evolve organization design in response to changing needs, threats and opportunities. Responsible for change leadership, talent coaching, solutions integration, stakeholder management, rand root cause analysis
- Business Fluency: Understands how the business operates, can identify and interpret levers that impact financial performance, as well as, translating business requirements into workforce needs leveraging data analytics. Creates processes and experiences that grow the capacity of the organization's key people resources which include key talent identification, planning, development, and recruitment. Responsible for talent strategy, competitive awareness, global acumen, and networking
- Visionary Leadership: Contributes to the successful advancement of ideas that promote a positive culture within the organization. Identifies through elements of the work environment strategies to increase productivity, employee performance, and employee satisfaction and design metrics to track the effectiveness of these initiatives. Responsible for being a champion of culture, cultivating innovation, being resilient, and inspiring others
- Emerging Capabilities: Adapts to future work dynamics, social media savvy, design thinking, and gamification. Understands how to design solutions to create the most simple, yet most meaningful, end-user experience. Responsible for keeping pace with the radically changing nature of work
- Diversity & Inclusion: Integrates, aligns, and embeds Inclusion and Diversity Strategy within the People Strategy and all aspects of Human Capital Work
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field or demonstrated equivalency
- 8+ years of strategic Human Resource Business Partner experience with expertise in all Human Resources functional areas
- Solid competence in leading and driving the talent agenda, including developing a strong leadership bench
- Experience developing and implementing workforce strategy, aligned with and driving business outcomes
- Experience creating and implementing organization design and change
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Experience working in a large, global, matrixed environment (e.g., shared service delivery model)
- Advanced level of proficiency with MS Office
- Demonstrated history of positive employee experience through all aspects of Human Capital work
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.