Financial Consultant - Hybrid in Minnetonka, MN
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This role is expected to be a key contributor of the Reporting and Analytics team for the regional finance organization. The main responsibilities of this role are as follows:
The role will partner with the Regional finance leads, Local market teams / CEOs and the Regional CEO to evaluate financial performance / trends to support operational and strategic business decisions. The core responsibilities of the role will be to analyze healthcare data, develop quantitative models and provide financial reporting to drive improved membership growth, retention and satisfaction, network contracting strategies, clinical affordability savings, and operational efficiencies. This role will work collaboratively with our National Finance team, as well as other functional teams to enhance overall financial performance. This role requires strong communication skills, a strategic mindset, a drive to succeed, a desire to take on more responsibility, and an ability to build strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
Candidates who are independent, fast-learners and eager to be exposed to complex business issues will thrive in the role. Being team-oriented is critical and it is expected that the role will help drive the professional development / growth of team members. Day-to-day responsibilities will evolve based on the unique needs of the business and it is expected that the role will work with regional leadership to help prioritize key workstreams to maximize impact on local market / national performance
If you are located in Minnetonka, MN, you will have the flexibility to telecommute*, as well as work in the office as you take on some tough challenges
- Build ad-hoc reporting and assist in daily ad hoc requests from management and market financial leads
- Review and validate key assumptions for monthly financial performance reports
- Leverage historical performance data to develop / refine budget estimates for future financial forecasts
- Distribute, review monthly and year-to-date financial results with market leaders
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BA/BS in finance, accounting or related field
- 2+ years of relevant financial and operational experience
- Understanding of financial statements
- Experience in MS Excel
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Financial modeling experience
- Basic database query knowledge
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.